Department of Biostatistics
University of Nebraska Medical Center
College of Public Health
- MA in Mathematics , University of Nebraska at Omaha, 2012
- BS in Production Engineering Specialized in Mathematics, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka, 2006
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, University of Nebraska at Omaha
- Assistant Instructor, Dept. of Engineering Mathematics, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
- Research Assistant, Dept. of Engineering Mathematics, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
- Training Engineer - Miami Exports Private Ltd, Sri Lanka
- Survival data analysis, longitudinal data analysis, High dimensional data analysis
Research Experience and publications
- Rathnayake, N., From, S., Swift, A. Zhong, H., Approximation of Expected Values of Nonlinear Functions of Random Variables, ProQuest LLC, 2013.
- Graduate Research Assistant (2014 – present) - Analyzing incident rates, cancer resistant rates for gastrointestinal (GI) cancer cases based on age period cohort effects, fitting three parameter Weibull model and estimating Weibull parameters.