Department of Biostatistics
University of Nebraska Medical Center
College of Public Health
- 2020-Present - Director of Biostatistics Graduate Program
- 2016-Present - University of Nebraska Medical Center
- 2013-2016 – Director of Biostatistics, Creighton University
- 2005-2007 – Law Enforcement Officer
- 2003-2003 – Recalled U.S. Navy Officer
- 2000-2002 – U.S. Government Contractor (Engineering)
- 1991-2000 – U.S. Navy Officer
- 2013, PhD Statistics, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- 2010, MS Biostatistics, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- 2004, MS Materials Science, University of Virginia
- 1992, BS Mathematics, Creighton University
Research Interest & Projects
My current research is focused on detecting changes in closed networks using meta data. I am also interested in model misspecification in the presence of zero inflated counts, experimental design, meta-analysis, and social-network analysis.
- Nguyen AH, Miller EJ, Wichman CS, Berim IG, Agrawal DK. Diagnostic value of tumor antigens in malignant pleural effusion: a meta-analysis. Transl Res. 2015. S1931-5244(15)00113-9.
- Schoening AM, Selde MS, Goodman JT, Tow JC, Selig CL, Wichman C, Cosimano A, Galt KA. Implementing Collaborative Learning in Prelicensure Nursing Curricula: Student Perceptions and Learning Outcomes. Nurse Educ. 2015 Jul-Aug;40(4):183-188.
- Moyle J, Carrico C, Wichman C. Recommended Healthcare Personnel Immunization: Exploring Immunization Rates, Motivators, and Barriers to Immunization in Heathcare Personnel. Clinical Scholars Review [accepted for publication July 2014].
- Noronha L, Wichman C, Varman M. Evaluation of Two Sets of Screening Criteria for Ventilator Associated Pneumonia In a Children’s Hospital. [Brief Report]. American Journal of Infection Control. 2014, 42(9):1011-3.
- Wagner M, Vonk J, Wichman C, Hedge A, Oliveto J. Calculated Radiation Exposure for Trauma Patients is Lower when using the New Injury Severity Score versus the Injury Severity Score to Calculate Injury Severity. [Abstract] 34th International Symposium on Intensive Care and Emergency Medicine, Brussels, Belgium. Critical Care. 2014, 18(suppl 1):P43Taylor C,
- Wagner M, Vonk J, Wichman C, Hedge A, Oliveto J. Radiation Exposure in Trauma Patients is Affected by Age. [Abstract] 34th International Symposium on Intensive Care and Emergency Medicine, Brussels, Belgium. Critical Care. 2014, 18(suppl 1):P39.
- Au, T. H., Malesker, M. A., Hilleman, D. E., Walters, R. W., Wichman, C. S., & Morrow, L. E. (2014, October). A retrospective analysis of dexmedetomidine use for alcohol withdrawal syndrome in critical care patients. Abstract presented at the CHEST 2014 annual meeting, Austin, TX
- Grindstaff TL, Dolan N, Morton SK, Wichman C, Threlkeld AJ, Givens D, Turman KA. Decreased corticomotor excitability of the quadriceps muscle in individuals with a history of arthroscopic partial meniscectomy. [Abstract] APTA Combined Sections Meeting, Las Vegas, NV. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2014;44(1): A47-48.
- Wagner M, Vonk J, Wichman C, Hedge A, Oliveto J. Trauma Patients Have Been Exposed to Increasing Radiation Doses Over The Decade 2001-2010. [Abstract] 43rd Critical Care Congress, San Francisco, California, U.S.A. Critical Care Medicine 41(12):A59, December 2013.