Department of Epidemiology
University of Nebraska Medical Center
College of Public Health
• 2008–present, Research Associate, Department of Health Services Research & Administration, UNMC
• 2010–2013, Veterans Health Administration, MidWest Mountain Veterans Engineering Resource Center (MWM VERC)
• 2008–2010, Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services & VA ORH RHRC-CR
• 1999–2008, Quality Improvement and Program Evaluation Coordinator, Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department
- ASQ Certified Manager of Quality & Organizational Excellence, 2004
- PhD, Nursing Science, University of Washington, 1994
- MN, Advanced Community Health Nursing, University of Washington, 1990
Quality improvement; health services such as dual care, transitions in care, reliability in health care services provision, international health, maternal/child health, personal health record, electronic health record
- Islam, KM Monirul; Copur, M. Sitki; Tolentino, Addison; Vaziri, Irfan; Ryan, June E.; Fetrick, Ann; & Ganti, Apar Kishor. (2014, May 14). Patient-centered outcomes research in advanced stage lung cancer: Study design and population. International Journal of Cancer Studies & Research, ISSN: 2167-9118. 3(101), 1-5.
- Islam, KM Monirul; Opoku, Samuel T.; Apenteng, Bettye A.; Fetrick, Ann; Ryan, June E.; Copur, M. Sitki; Tolentino, Addison; Vaziri, Irfan; & Ganti, Apar Kishor. (2014, April 18). Engaging patients and caregivers in patient-centered outcomes research on advanced stage lung cancer: Insights from patients, caregivers, and providers. J Cancer Educ. DOI: 10.1007/s13187-014-0657-3.
- Islam, KM Monirul; Wen, Jiajun; Jiang, Xiaqing; Ryan, June E.; Fetrick, Ann; & Ganti, Apar Kishor. (2014, March 5). Developing a web-based, patient-centered data collection and management approach for a multi-center lung cancer study. J of Integr Oncol, 3(2), 1-4. DOI: Website.
- Nayar, Preethy; Apenteng, Bettye; Yu, Fang; Woodbridge, Peter A.; Fetrick, Ann. (2012, July 6). Rural Veterans’ perspectives of dual care. Journal of Community Health, Springer Publications: 2012, DOI: 10.1007/s 10900-012-9583-7.
- Nayar, Preethy; Nguyen, Anh; Ojha, Diptee; Apenteng, Bettye; Woodbridge, Peter; Fetrick, Ann. (2011, September 20-22). Improving Dual Care Transitions for Veterans: Physicians’ Perspectives. Paper presented at VHA Improvement Forum, Las Vegas, NV.
- Nayar, Preethy; Nguyen, Anh; Apenteng, Bettye; Woodbridge, Peter; Fetrick, Ann. (2011, September 20-22). Profiling High vs. Occasional Dual Care Users in Rural Nebraska: Implications for Quality Improvement. Poster presented at VHA Improvement Forum, Las Vegas, NV.
- Elliott, Lee & Sluti, Donald G. (2005). Process Improvement: A Tool Kit for Healthcare. Ann Fetrick, Managing Editor; Lincoln, NE: Leston QE, LLC.
- Fetrick, Ann; Christensen, Mary; & Mitchell, Carol. (2003, May/June). Does Public Health Nurse Home Visitation Make a Difference in the Health Outcomes of Pregnant Clients and Their Offspring? Public Health Nursing, 20(3), 184-189.
- Fetrick, Ann. (1994). “Return to Work Intentions and Health Status of Postpartum Women of Finland.” PhD diss., University of Washington, School of Nursing, Seattle, Washington.
- Fetrick, Ann. (1990). “The Stability of Health Beliefs about Breast Cancer.” Master’s Thesis, University of Washington, School of Nursing, Seattle, Washington.
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement
- Baldrige National Quality Award
- Edgerton State (Nebraska) Quality Award
- American Society for Quality