Department of Epidemiology
University of Nebraska Medical Center
College of Public Health
- 2016 - present, Assistant Professor, Department of Epidemiology, College of Public Health, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE
- 2015, Associate Professor, Department of Life and Health Sciences, University of Nicosia, Cyprus
- 2010-2015, Director, Mediterranean Center for Cancer Research
- 2008-2015, Assistant Professor, Department of Life and Health Sciences, University of Nicosia, Cyprus
- 2007-2008, Adjunct Faculty, Department of Life and Health Sciences, University of Nicosia, Cyprus
- 2005-2006, Postdoctoral Research Associate, Department of Biological Engineering, MIT, Cambridge, MA
- 2005, PhD, Genetics, Harvard University
- 1999, BSc, Biology, MIT
- Cancer prevention and control (Gastrointestinal cancers)
- Cancer and cancer screening awareness in various populations
- Generation of prediction models for the early detection of cancer (Gastrointestinal cancers)
- Mechanisms driving diet-induced liver cancer
- Christodoulou A, Ajzajian J, Su D, Monirul I, Wang H, and Farazi PA*. Awareness of human papilloma virus and cervical cancer prevention among Cypriot female healthcare workers. Ecancermedicalscience. 2019, Vol. 13 Issue 962-995, p1-10.
- Farazi PA*, Siahpush M, Maloney S, Dinkel D, Michalek A, John R, Oluwole O. Awareness and Attitudes of Nigerian Men Living in Abuja on Prostate Cancer and Screening. J Cancer Educ. 2018 Aug 16. doi: 10.1007/s13187-018-1416-7.
- Farazi PA*, Siahpush M, Michaud TL, Kim J, Muchena C. Awareness of HPV and cervical cancer prevention among university health sciences students in Cyprus. Journal of Cancer Education. 2018. Apr 9. doi: 10.1007/s13187-018-1356-2.
- Farazi PA*, Watanabe-Galloway S, Westman L, Rettig B, Hunt P, Cammack R, Sparks JW, Coulter DW. Temporal and geospatial trends of pediatric cancer incidence in Nebraska over a 24-year period. Cancer Epidemiol. 2018. 52:83-90.
- Farazi P.*, Hadji P, Roupa Z. Awareness of HPV and cervical cancer prevention among Greek healthcare workers, European Journal of Cancer Prevention, in press (2016).
- Farazi P.*, Lander L, Pavlou P, Watson K, Le L., and Soliman A. “Geographic trends of tobacco-related cancers in Cyprus”, Tobacco Induced Diseases, 13:21, July 31 2015.
- Cooter M, Soliman A, Pavlou P, Demetriou A, Orphanides C, Kritioti E, Banerjee M, and Farazi P.*. “Incidence and Time Trends of Cancer in Cyprus Over 11 Years (1998 – 2008)”, Tumori, 101(1):8-15, Jan-Feb 2015.
- Farazi P.A.. “Cancer Trends and Risk Factors in Cyprus”, ecancermedical science, 8: 389, 24 Jan 2014.
- Farazi P.A., and DePinho R.A. “The Genetic and Environmental Basis of Hepatocellular Carcinoma”, Discovery Medicine, Vol. 6 (No 35), pp182-186, October, 2006.
- Farazi P.A., and DePinho R.A.. “Hepatocellular carcinoma pathogenesis: from genes to environment”, Nature Reviews Cancer, Vol. 6, pp. 674-687, September, 2006.
- Farazi P.A., Zeisberg M., Glickman J., Zhang Y., Kalluri R., and DePinho R.A., “Chronic Bile Duct Injury Associated with Fibrotic Matrix Microenvironment Provokes Cholangiocarcinoma in p53 Deficient Mice”, Cancer Research, Vol. 66, pp. 6622-6627, July 1, 2006.
- Farazi P.A., Glickman J., Horner J., and DePinho R.A., “Cooperative Interactions of p53 Mutation, Telomere Dysfunction, and Chronic Liver Damage in Hepatocellular Carcinoma Progression”, Cancer Research, Vol. 66, pp. 4766-4773, May 1, 2006.
- Farazi P.A., Glickman J., Jiang S., Yu A., Rudolph K.L., and DePinho R.A., "Differential Impact of Telomere Dysfunction on Initiation and Progression of Hepatocellular Carcinoma", Cancer Research, Vol. 63, pp. 5021-5027, August 15, 2003.
* corresponding author