Department of Epidemiology
University of Nebraska Medical Center
College of Public Health
- 2016 - present, Assistant Professor, Department of Epidemiology, College of Public Health, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE
- 2015, Associate Professor, Department of Life and Health Sciences, University of Nicosia, Cyprus
- 2010-2015, Director, Mediterranean Center for Cancer Research
- 2008-2015, Assistant Professor, Department of Life and Health Sciences, University of Nicosia, Cyprus
- 2007-2008, Adjunct Faculty, Department of Life and Health Sciences, University of Nicosia, Cyprus
- 2005-2006, Postdoctoral Research Associate, Department of Biological Engineering, MIT, Cambridge, MA
- 2005, PhD, Genetics, Harvard University
- 1999, BSc, Biology, MIT
- Complex interactions of genetic and environmental factors in cancer development
- Identification of biomarkers for the early detection of cancer
- Connection between diabetes, obesity and cancer (with special emphasis on liver and pancreatic cancer) in mouse models
- Cancer prevention and control
- Farazi P.*, Hadji P, Roupa Z. Awareness of HPV and cervical cancer prevention among Greek healthcare workers, European Journal of Cancer Prevention, in press (2016).
- Farazi P.*, Lander L, Pavlou P, Watson K, Le L., and Soliman A. “Geographic trends of tobacco-related cancers in Cyprus”, Tobacco Induced Diseases, 13:21, July 31 2015.
- Cooter M, Soliman A, Pavlou P, Demetriou A, Orphanides C, Kritioti E, Banerjee M, and Farazi P.*. “Incidence and Time Trends of Cancer in Cyprus Over 11 Years (1998 – 2008)”, Tumori, 101(1):8-15, Jan-Feb 2015.
- P.A. Farazi. “Cancer Trends and Risk Factors in Cyprus”, ecancermedical science, 8: 389, 24 Jan 2014.
- B. Cosgrove, B. M. King, M. Hasan, L. Alexopoulos, P.A. Farazi, B. S. Hendriks, L. G. Griffith, P. K. Sorger, B. Tidor, J. Xu, and D.A. Lauffenburger. “Synergistic Drug-Cytokine Induction of Hepatocellular Death as an in vitro Approach for the Study of Inflammation-Associated Idiosyncratic Hepatotoxicity”, Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology, Vol. 237 (3): pp. 317-330, 15 June 2009.
- P.A. Farazi, and R.A DePinho. “The Genetic and Environmental Basis of Hepatocellular Carcinoma”, Discovery Medicine, Vol. 6 (No 35), pp182-186, October, 2006.
- P.A. Farazi, and R.A. DePinho. “Hepatocellular carcinoma pathogenesis: from genes to environment”, Nature Reviews Cancer, Vol. 6, pp. 674-687, September, 2006.
- P.A. Farazi, M. Zeisberg, J. Glickman, Y. Zhang, Raghu Kalluri, and R.A. DePinho, “Chronic Bile Duct Injury Associated with Fibrotic Matrix Microenvironment Provokes Cholangiocarcinoma in p53 Deficient Mice”, Cancer Research, Vol. 66, pp. 6622-6627, July 1, 2006.
- P.A. Farazi, J. Glickman, J. Horner, and R.A. DePinho, “Cooperative Interactions of p53 Mutation, Telomere Dysfunction, and Chronic Liver Damage in Hepatocellular Carcinoma Progression”, Cancer Research, Vol. 66, pp. 4766-4773, May 1, 2006.
- P.A. Farazi, J. Glickman, S. Jiang, A. Yu, K.L. Rudolph, and R.A. DePinho, "Differential Impact of Telomere Dysfunction on Initiation and Progression of Hepatocellular Carcinoma", Cancer Research, Vol. 63, pp. 5021-5027, August 15, 2003.
* corresponding author