Department of Epidemiology
University of Nebraska Medical Center
College of Public Health
- 2016 - present, Associate Professor, Epidemiology, College of Public Health University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha NE
- 2016 - present, Adjunct Research Scientist, Gretchen Swanson Center for Nutrition, Omaha NE
- 2009-2015, Assistant Professor, Human Nutrition Foods & Exercise, Virginia Tech
- 2007-2009, Instructor, Human Nutrition Foods & Exercise, Virginia Tech
- 2005-2007, Senior Project Manager, Clinical Research Unit, Kaiser Permanente Colorado
- 2003-2005, Research Coordinator, Senior Programs, Kaiser Permanente Colorado
- 2000-2003, Research Associate, Community Health Institute, Kansas State University
- 1999-2000, Graduate Teaching Assistant, Department of Kinesiology, Kansas State University
- 2009, PhD, Health & Behavioral Sciences, University of Colorado Denver
- 2000, M.S., Kinesiology, Kansas State University
- 1998, B.S., Exercise Science/Psychology, University of Nebraska Kearney
- Community-based participatory research (CBPR) and mixed-methods approaches
- Built environment assessment and influence of built environment on behavior
- Physical activity behavior, interventions and physical activity measurement
- Health equity and social determinants of health
- Helmick MJ, Yaroch AL, Parks CA, Estabrooks PA, Hill JL. Utilizing the RE-AIM framework to understand adoption of nutrition policies at food pantries across the USA, Translational Behavioral Medicine, 2019, ibz036, https://doi.org/10.1093/tbm/ibz036
- Hill JL, Zoellner JM, You W, Brock DJ, Price B, Alexander RC, Frisard M, Brito F, Hou X, Estabrooks PA. Participatory development and pilot testing of iChoose: an adaptation of an evidence-based paediatric weight management program for community implementation. BMC Public Health. 2019 Jan 29;19(1):122. doi: 10.1186/s12889-019-6450-9. PubMed PMID: 30696420; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC6352451.
- Estabrooks PA, Harden SM, Almeida FA, Hill JL, Johnson SB, Porter GC, Greenwald MH. Using Integrated Research-Practice Partnerships to Move Evidence-Based Principles Into Practice. Exercise and Sport Sciences Reviews. 2019; 47 (3):176–187. doi: 10.1249/JES.0000000000000194.
- Helmick MJ*, Smith A, Hedrick V, Zoellner JM, You W, Hill JL. The adoption of the Healthy Eating Standards in local afterschool programs does not improve quality of snacks. Journal of School Health (in press, January 2019).
- Zoellner JM, You W, Hill JL, Brock D, Yuhas M, Alexandar RA, Price B, Estabrooks PA. A comparative effectiveness trial of two family-based childhood obesity treatment programs in a medically underserved region: Rationale, design & methods. Contemporary Clinical Trials (in press, 2019).
- Complete Publication List