Department of Epidemiology
University of Nebraska Medical Center
College of Public Health
- 2016 - present, Associate Professor, Epidemiology, College of Public Health University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha NE
- 2016 - present, Adjunct Research Scientist, Gretchen Swanson Center for Nutrition, Omaha NE
- 2009-2015, Assistant Professor, Human Nutrition Foods & Exercise, Virginia Tech
- 2007-2009, Instructor, Human Nutrition Foods & Exercise, Virginia Tech
- 2005-2007, Senior Project Manager, Clinical Research Unit, Kaiser Permanente Colorado
- 2003-2005, Research Coordinator, Senior Programs, Kaiser Permanente Colorado
- 2000-2003, Research Associate, Community Health Institute, Kansas State University
- 1999-2000, Graduate Teaching Assistant, Department of Kinesiology, Kansas State University
- 2009, PhD, Health & Behavioral Sciences, University of Colorado Denver
- 2000, M.S., Kinesiology, Kansas State University
- 1998, B.S., Exercise Science/Psychology, University of Nebraska Kearney
- Community-based participatory research (CBPR) and mixed-methods approaches
- Built environment assessment and influence of built environment on behavior
- Physical activity behavior, interventions and physical activity measurement
- Health equity and social determinants of health
- Helmick M, Esmond A, Hedrick V, Zoellner J, You W, Hill JL. The adoption of the Healthy Eating Standards in local after school programs does not improve quality of snacks. (In press, 2018). Journal of School Health.
- Zoellner J, Hill JL, Brock D, Barlow ML, Alexander R, Brito F, Price B, Jones CL, Marshall R., Estabrooks PA (2017). One-year mixed-methods case study of a community-academic advisory board addressing childhood obesity. Health Promotion Practice, 8(6), 833-853
- Yenerall J, You W, Hill J. Investigating the Dimensions of Food Access. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2017 Aug 2;14(8). doi: 10.3390/ijerph14080866.
- Hill JL, Waters CN, Kolivras KN, Estabrooks PA, Zoellner JM. Do the features, amenities and quality of physical activity resources differ between city and county areas of a large rural region. Fam Community Health 2016, 39(4), 273-282.
- Hill JL, Wilson K, Harden S, Almeida F, Linnan L, Estabrooks PA. Does worksite social capital enhance retention into a worksite weight-loss program? Obesity science & practice. 2016; 2(1):69-74.
- Complete Publication List