Department of Epidemiology
University of Nebraska Medical Center
College of Public Health
- 2012 – present Associate Professor, Department of Epidemiology, College of Public Health, University of Nebraska Medical Center
- 2009 – 2012 Graduate Faculty Member, Genetics Institute, University of Florida
- 2008 – 2012 Affiliate Assistant Professor of Epidemiology, College of Medicine, UF
- 2006 – 2012 Affiliate Assistant Professor of Epidemiology, College of Public Health, UF
- 2005 – 2012 Assistant Professor of Epidemiology, College of Dentistry, UF
- 2003 – 2005 Assistant Professor of Oral Medicine, School of Dentistry, UTHSCSA
- 2002 Statistician, School of Business, North Carolina Central University
- 2001 – 2003 Graduate Research Assistant, Biostatistical Core Unit, Injury Prevent. Res. Ctr, UNC-CH
- 2000 – 2003 Doctoral Research Fellow, Oral Epidemiology, UNC-CH
- 1997 – 2000 Clinical Fellow, National Institutes of Health (NIH/NIDCR)
- CCRP Certified Clinical Research Professional, 2011
- PhD Epidemiology, Biostatistics minor, UNC-CH, 2004
- DABOM Diplomate, American Board of Oral Medicine, 2003
- Certificate Oral Medicine, National Institutes of Health, NIDCR, 2000
- Certificate Advanced Education in General Dentistry, UCSF, 1997
- DDS Magna cum Laude, Dentistry, Medical College of Virginia, 1995
- MS Prosthodontics, Marquette University, 1993
- DDS Dentistry, University of Milan, 1990
Clinical research, evidence–based medicine, systematic reviews, epidemiological methods, genetic epidemiology, oral and systemic diseases, wound healing, growth factors, head and neck injuries
- Baccaglini L, Thongprasom K, Carrozzo M, Bigby M. Urban legends series: Lichen planus. Accepted; Oral Dis 2012.
- Lalla RV, Choquette LE, Feinn RS, Zawistowski H, Latortue MC, Kelly ET, Baccaglini L. Multivitamin therapy for recurrent aphthous stomatitis: A randomized double-blind placebo-controlled trial. J Am Dent Assoc 143(4):370-6;2012.
- Baccaglini L, Lalla RV, Bruce AJ, Sartori-Valinotti JC, Latortue MC, Carrozzo M, Roy S. Rogers III RS. Urban legends series: Recurrent aphthous stomatitis. Oral Dis 17(8):755-70;2011.
- Baccaglini L, Shuster JJ, Cheng J, Theriaque DW, Schoenbach VJ, Tomar SL, Poole C. Design and statistical analysis of oral medicine studies: Common pitfalls. Oral Dis 16(3):233-41;2010.