Department of Epidemiology
University of Nebraska Medical Center
College of Public Health
- 2012 – present, Associate Professor, Department of Epidemiology, College of Public Health, University of Nebraska Medical Center
- 2009 – 2012, Graduate Faculty Member, Genetics Institute, University of Florida
- 2008 – 2012, Affiliate Assistant Professor of Epidemiology, College of Medicine, UF
- 2006 – 2012, Affiliate Assistant Professor of Epidemiology, College of Public Health, UF
- 2005 – 2012, Assistant Professor of Epidemiology, College of Dentistry, UF
- 2003 – 2005, Assistant Professor of Oral Medicine, School of Dentistry, UTHSCSA
- 2002 Statistician, School of Business, North Carolina Central University
- 2001 – 2003, Graduate Research Assistant, Biostatistical Core Unit, Injury Prevent. Res. Ctr, UNC-CH
- 2000 – 2003, Doctoral Research Fellow, Oral Epidemiology, UNC-CH
- 1997 – 2000, Clinical Fellow, National Institutes of Health (NIH/NIDCR)
- 2011, CCRP Certified Clinical Research Professional
- 2004, PhD Epidemiology, Biostatistics minor, UNC-CH
- 2003, DABOM Diplomate, American Board of Oral Medicine
- 2000, Certificate Oral Medicine, National Institutes of Health, NIDCR
- 1997, Certificate Advanced Education in General Dentistry, UCSF
- 1995, DDS Magna cum Laude, Dentistry, Medical College of Virginia
- 1993, MS Prosthodontics, Marquette University
- 1990, DDS Dentistry, University of Milan
- Clinical research and Evidence–based medicine
- Epidemiological methods and Systematic reviews
- Oral and systemic diseases
- Toure DM, ElRayes W, Barnes-Josiah D, Hartman T, Klinkebiel D, Baccaglini L. Epigenetic modifications of human placenta associated with preterm birth: a systematic review. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 31(4):530-541;2018.
- Panigrahi P, Parida S, Nanda NC, Satpathy R, Pradhan L, Chandel DS, Baccaglini L, Mohapatra A, Mohapatra SS, Misra PR, Chaudhry R, Chen HH, Johnson JA, Morris JG, Paneth N, Gewolb IH. A randomized symbiotic trial to prevent sepsis among infants in rural India. Nature. 24;548(7668):407-412;2017.
- Christensen B, Qin Z, Byrd DA, Yu F, Morgello S, Gelman BB, Moore DJ, Grant I, Singer EJ, Fox HS, Baccaglini L. Measures of physical and mental independence among HIV-positive individuals: impact of substance use disorder. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 33(10):1048-1055;2017.
- Tran H, Lin C, Yu F, Frederick A, Mieras M, Baccaglini L. A multicenter study on the relative effectiveness of a 12-week physical training program for adults with an oncologic diagnosis. Supportive Care in Cancer 24(9):3705-13;2016.
- Toure DM, Baccaglini L, Opoku ST, Barnes-Josiah D, Cox R, Hartman T, Klinkebiel D. Epigenetic dysregulation of insulin-like growth factors (IGF)-related genes and adverse pregnancy outcomes: A systematic review. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 29(21):3542-52;2016.
- Tran H, Do V, Baccaglini L. Health care access, utilization and management in adult Chinese, Koreans and Vietnamese with cardiovascular disease and hypertension. J Racial Ethn Health Disparities 3(2):340-8;2016.
- Qin Z, Baccaglini L. Falls in the elderly: Distribution, determinants and prevention in a representative population-based sample. J Public Health Reports 131(2):331-339;2016.