Department of Epidemiology
University of Nebraska Medical Center
College of Public Health
Facility for Mutation and Methylation Analysis
- 2007-present Director, Facility for Mutation and Methylation Analysis, Univ. of Nebraska Medical Center
- 2007-present Faculty, University of Nebraska Graduate College, Univ. of Nebraska Medical Center
- 2007-present Assistant Professor, Dept. of Epidemiology, College of Public Health, Univ. of Nebraska
- 2006-present Staff Scientist, Omaha Veterans Administration Medical Center, Nebraska
- 2006-present Assistant Professor, Dept. of Internal Medicine, Pulmonary, Univ. of Nebraska Medical Center
- 2000-2006 Research Assistant Professor, Dept. of Internal Medicine, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- 2005 Visiting Scientist, National Institutes of Environmental Health, Durham, NC
- 2000-2002 Epidemiology Certification, School of Public Health, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- 1998-2006 Associate Research Scientist, Arizona Respiratory Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- 1994-1998 Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, Arizona Respiratory Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- 1992-1994 Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, Department of Biochemistry, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- BS Muhlenberg College, Allentown, PA, 1982
- PhD University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, 1992
Research Interests & Projects
- Genomic Medicine and Functional genomic studies
- Genetic Epidemiology
- Gene by environment interactions in COPD and Asthma
- Genetic and epigenetic influences of pathogen colonization in the lung
- Weissenburger-Moser L, Sinha R, Clark J, Smith L, Heires A, Romberger D, LeVan T. 2018. Short term dynamics of the lung microbiome in COPD. PLoS One. Mar 8: 13(3).
- Smith LM, Weissenburger-Moser LA, Heires AJ, Bailey KL, Romberger DJ, LeVan TD. 2017. Epistatic effect of TLR-1, -6 and -10 polymorphisms on organic dust-mediated cytokine response. Genes Immun, Mar 18 (2)-67-74.
- TD LeVan, LM. Smith, AJ. Heires, J Meza, LA. Weissenburger-Moser, DJ. Romberger. 2017. Interaction of CD14 Haplotypes and Soluble CD14 on Pulmonary Function in Agricultural Workers. Respiratory Research. Mar 16; 18 (2): 67-74.
- RJ Boissy, Romberger DJ, Roughead WA, Weissenburger-Moser L, Poole JA and TD LeVan. 2014. Shotgun Pyrosequencing Metagenomic Analyses of Dusts from Swine Confinement and Grain Facilities. PlosOne, Vol 9: 4, e95578.
- TD LeVan, Michel O, Dentener M, Thorn J, Vertongen R, Beijer L and Martinez F. 2007. Association Between CD14 Polymorphisms and Serum Soluble CD14 Levels: Effect of Atopy and Endotoxin Inhalation. J Allergy Clin Immunol, 121(2): 434-440.