Department of Epidemiology
University of Nebraska Medical Center
College of Public Health
- 2014 – Present: Assistant Professor, Department of Epidemiology, College of Public Health, University of Nebraska Medical Center
- 2012 – 2014: Senior Research Associate, Nebraska Center for Virology, University of Nebraska Lincoln
- 2008 – 2012: Post-doctoral Research Associate, Nebraska Center for Virology, University of Nebraska Lincoln
- MPH, Epidemiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 2013
- PhD, Biological Sciences, Nebraska Center for Virology, University of Nebraska Lincoln, 2008
- MVSc Immunology, Punjab Agricultural University, 1999
- BVSc, Punjab Agricultural University, India, 1997
Viral pathogenesis, Viral Epidemiology, Molecular Epidemiology, Infectious agents and Cancer and Global Epidemiology
- Ngalamika O, V Minhas and C Wood. Kaposi's sarcoma at the University Teaching Hospital, Lusaka, Zambia in the antiretroviral therapy era. International Journal of Cancer 2014
- K. Crabtree, J. Wojcicki, V. Minhas, D. Smith, C. Kankasa, C. Mitchell and C. Wood. Risk factors for early childhood infection of Kaposi’s sarcoma-associated human herpesvirus in Zambian children. Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers and Prevention. 2014; 23(2):300-308.
- T Zhang, Y Yang, F Yu, Y Zhao, F Lin, V Minhas, C Wood, N He. Kaposi`s sarcoma associated herpesvirus infection among female sex workers and general women in Shanghai, China: a cross-sectional study. BMC Infectious Diseases. 2014; 14(1):58
- E Kwon, V Minhas, T Phiri, C Wood and M R Fernando. Inactivation and viral load quantification of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) in blood collected into Cyto-Chex BCT Blood Collection Device. Journal of Virological Methods. 2014; 196:50-55
- T Zhang, H Lin, V Minhas, W Zhu, C Wood, N He. Prevalence and correlates of Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus infection in a sample of men who have sex with men in Eastern China. Epidemiology and Infection. 2013; 141(9):1823-30
- P Kumar, N Kuwa, V Minhas, D Shea, C Kankasa and C Wood. Comparison of neutralizing antibody response against KSHV in KS patients and asymptomatic adult women from Zambia. PLOS ONE. 2013; 8(8):e71254
- Y Cao, V Minhas, X Tan, X Huang, J Huang, B Wang, Y Lei and C Wood. Humoral Immune Response against KSHV in a Cohort of Minority Children in Xinjiang, China. Clinical Microbiology and Infection. 2013
- T Zhang, X Shao, T Zhang, V Minhas, C Wood and N He. Human herpesvirus 8 seroprevalence in mainland China. Emerging Infectious Diseases. 2012; 18(1):150-152.
- V Minhas, K Crabtree, A Chao, J Wojcicki, A Sifuniso, C Nkonde, C Kankasa, C Mitchell and C Wood. The Zambia Children’s KS-HHV8 Study: Rationale, Study Design, and Study Methods. American Journal of Epidemiology. 2011 173(9):1085-92.
- V Minhas, B Brayfield , K Crabtree, C Kankasa, C Mitchell and C Wood. Primary gamma-herpesviral infection in Zambian children. BMC Infectious Diseases. 2010; 10: 115.
- H-J Wen, V Minhas and C Wood. Identification and characterization of a new Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus replication and transcription activator (RTA)-responsive element involved in RTA-mediated transactivation. Journal of General Virology. 2009; 90 (4): 944-953.
- Z Yang, H-J Wen, V Minhas and C Wood. The zinc finger DNA-binding domain of K-RBP plays an important role in regulating Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus RTA-mediated gene expression. Virology. 2009; 391 (2): 221-231
- J Wojcicki, M Mwanahamuntu, V Minhas, B Djokic, C Kankasa, W Klaskala, B Brayfield, S Phiri, C Wood and C Mitchell. Mortality among HIV-1 and HHV-8-affected Mother- Infant pairs in Zambia. Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers and Prevention. 2008. 17 (9): 2238-2243.
- V Minhas, K Crabtree, A Chao, T M’soka, C Kankasa, M Bulterys, C Mitchell and C Wood. Early Childhood Infection by Human Herpesvirus-8 in Zambia and the Role of HIV-1 Co-Infection in a Highly Endemic Area. American Journal of Epidemiology. 2008; 168 (3): 311-320.