Department of Health Promotion
University of Nebraska Medical Center
College of Public Health
Graduation Year – May 2019
Dissertation Title – Effectiveness and maintenance of different educational media and techniques in a technology-enhanced diabetes prevention program
Dissertation Chair – Fabio Almeida, PhD, MSW
- 2019-present, Research Assistant, Department of Health Promotion, Social and Behavioral Health, University of Nebraska Medical Center
- 2016-present, Licensed Athletic Trainer, Nebraska Medicine, Omaha, NE
- 2016-2019, Graduate Research Assistant, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Department of Health Promotion and Social and Behavioral Health
- 2014-2016, Graduate Research Assistant, Virginia Tech, Department of Human Nutrition, Foods and Exercise
- 2013-2014, Licensed Athletic Trainer, Marshfield Clinic, Wisconsin Rapids, WI
- 2013-2014, Approved Clinical Preceptor, Athletic Training Education Program, University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, Stevens Point, WI
- 2011-2016, Research Assistant, Via College of Osteopathic Medicine-Virginia Campus, Department of Preventive Medicine and Public Health
- 2010-2011, Clinical Instructor and Assistant Athletic Trainer, Roanoke College, Salem, VA
- 2019, Doctor of Philosophy, University of Nebraska Medical Center, College of Public Health, Department of Health Promotion, Social and Behavioral Health
- 2012, Master of Science, Western Illinois University, Department of Health Sciences, Public Health
- 2009, Bachelor of Science, University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh, Department of Kinesiology, Athletic Training (National Athletic Trainers Association Board-certified athletic trainer, 2009)
- Dissemination and Implementation Science—Technology-enhanced diabetes prevention and cardiovascular risk reduction programs, health literacy and health communication interventions and sports medicine programming
- Meacham, S., Sukraprut, S., Goessl, C., Stevens, W., Meisha, D. Prevalence rates of obesity and environmental factors impacting health in coal producing and non-coal producing Appalachian counties in southwest Virginia, Society of Mining Engineers—Special Edition—September 2015.
- Wilson, K., Estabrooks, P., Almeida, F., Harden, S., Goessl, C. Brief Self-Efficacy Scales for use in Weight-Loss Trials: Preliminary Evidence of Validity, Psychological Assessment—November 2015.
- Meacham S., Goessl C., Kennedy K., Taber T., Meisha D. (2016) Factors affecting chronic health in coal dependent and comparison communities in central Appalachia, pg. 1-11, Environmental Considerations in Central Appalachia—Second Edition, Summer 2016.
- Goessl C., Estabrooks P., You W., Britigan D., DeAlba A. (2018) Effectiveness of DVD vs. Group-initiated Diabetes Prevention on Information Uptake for High & Low Health Literacy Participants, Patient Education and Counseling, January 2019.
- National Athletic Trainers Association
- Society of Behavioral Medicine
- Society of Medical Decision Making
- American College of Sports Medicine