Graduate Research Assistant
Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Research
College of Public Health
University of Nebraska Medical Center
Advisor – Dr. Paul Estabrooks
- 2016-present, Graduate Research Assistant, Department of Health Promotion, Social & Behavioral Health, University of Nebraska Medical Center
- 2014-2016, Graduate Research Assistant, Exercise Psychology Lab, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- 2013-2014, Undergraduate Research Assistant, Motivation Lab, Pennsylvania State University
- 2014-2016, Master of Science in Kinesiology, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- 2010-2014, Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology, Pennsylvania State University
- Dissemination and implementation science, weight control, chronic disease prevention, physical activity and nutrition behavior change, health disparities
- Porter GC, Laumb K, MichaudT, Brito F, Petreca D, Schwieger G, Bartee T, Yeary KHK, Estabrooks PA. (2019). Understanding the impact of rural weight loss interventions: A systematic review and meta‐ Obesity Reviews, 20, 713-724.
- Glasgow, R. E., Harden, S. M., Gaglio, B., Rabin, B. A., Smith, M. L., Porter, G. C., Ory, M. G., & Estabrooks, P. A. (2019). RE-AIM planning and evaluation framework: Adapting to new science and practice with a 20-year review. Frontiers in Public Health – Public Health Education and Promotion.
- Estabrooks PA, Harden SM, Almeida FA, Hill JL, Johnson SE, Porter GC, Greenawald MH. (2019) Using integrated research-practice partnerships to move evidence-based principles into practice. Exercise and Sport Sciences Reviews, 47, 176-187.
- Johnson LKJ, Porter GC, Estabrooks PA. (2019) Social inequities in childhood obesity: Trends, determinants, and interventions. In: David, D. & Fitzgerald, H. Obesity in Childhood and Adolescents.
- Delta Omega Society, Gamma Omicron Chapter
- International Society of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity
- Public Health Association of Nebraska
- American Heart Association
- Society of Behavioral Medicine