Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Research
College of Public Health
University of Nebraska Medical Center
- 2009 – 2011, MPH, Maternal and Child Health, The George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
- 2003-2007, B.A., International Relations, University of Delaware
- 2015 – present, Graduate Assistant, Department of Health Promotion, Social and Behavioral Health, College of Public Health, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE
- 2012 – 2015, Program Evaluator, Cassandra Drennon & Associates, Inc., Athens, GA
- 2009 – 2011, Graduate Assistant, Maternal and Child Health Program, Department of Prevention and Community Health, Milken Institute School of Public Health, The George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
- 2007 – 2009, Clinic Manager, APWHC, Raleigh, NC
My research interests are in adolescent and women’s reproductive health, specifically access to reproductive health care and sexual health literacy.
Presentations and Publications
- Rosen, M., Ndashe, T., Tibbits, M. Assessing the Impact of the “Anyone Can Get One” Media Campaign on STD Stigma Among Omaha Youth. Poster presentation at the Public Health Association of Nebraska Annual Meeting in Lincoln, NE. September 29 – 30, 2016.
- Rosen, M., Tibbits, M., Peterson, K. Reducing STD Stigma and Promoting STD Testing Among Youth: Lessons Learned from the Adolescent Health Project. Roundtable presentation at the American Public Health Association Annual Meeting in Denver, CO. October 29 – November 2, 2016.
- Vyas, A.N., Landry, M., Schnider, M., Rojas, A.M., Wood, S.F. (2012). Public Health Interventions: Reaching Latino Adolescents via Short Message Service and Social Media. Journal of Medical Internet Research, 14(4); e99.
- Association of Reproductive Health Professionals (ARHP)
- American Public Health Association (APHA)
- Public Health Association of Nebraska (PHAN)
- American Evaluation Association (AEA)