Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Research
College of Public Health
University of Nebraska Medical Center
- 2012, Master of Public Health (MPH), University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE
- 2007, Bachelor of Science in Community Health Education (BSED); Minor: Psychology, University of Nebraska at Omaha, Omaha, NE
- Universal School-Based Mental Health Promotion Programs
- Population-Based Psychosocial Interventions
- Coping Resources, Coping Processes, and Resilience
- Influence of Environmental and Social Determinants of Health on Mental and Physical Health Outcomes
- Life Course Health Development
- Russell, S. F. An examination of the perceived burden of mental illness and services needed by individuals seeking care at a qualified community health center in Nebraska. Oral Presentation at the American Public Health Association Annual Meeting in Chicago, IL. October 31 – November 4, 2015.
- Russell, S.F., De Alba, A., Lyden, L., Johansson, P. An examination of the need for diversifying the health professions workforce in rural Nebraska. Poster Presentation at the American Public Health Association Annual Meeting in New Orleans, LA. November 15 – 19, 2014.
- Russell, S.F. Assessment of outcomes of the rural public health undergraduate student research project. Poster Presentation at the Public Health Association Nebraska Annual Meeting in Kearney, NE. October 8-9, 2014.
- DeAlba, A., Johansson, P., Russell, S.F. Health literacy and the need for growing a culturally competent health professions workforce in Nebraska. Oral Presentation at the Nebraska State Minority Health Conference in Kearney, NE. June 24 – 25, 2014.
- Russell, S.F. The Essential Conversation: Linking Communities and Higher Education. Session Contributor at the Rural Futures Institute Annual Meeting in Lincoln, NE. November 3-5, 2013.
- Russell, S.F., Johansson, P. Recognizing demographic shifts in rural Nebraska: Examining the increasing need for a culturally and linguistically competent health profession workforce to address the unmet needs of the Hispanic population. Poster Presentation at the Annual Public Health Association Annual Meeting in Denver, CO. November 6-10, 2010.
- August 2012 – August 2013, Assistant Professor, School of Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance (HPER), University of Nebraska at Omaha, Omaha, NE
- American Public Health Association (APHA)
- Public Health Association of Nebraska (PHAN)