Department of Health Promotion, Social, and Behavioral Health
University of Nebraska Medical Center
College of Public Health
- 2014-present, Professor, Department of Health Promotion, Social & Behavioral Health, UNMC
- 2010-2014, Professor and Chair, Department of Health Promotion, Social & Behavioral Health, UNMC
- 2010-present Senior Advisor for Obesity Research, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, NIH, Bethesda, MD
- 2005-2010 Director, Obesity Research Strategic Core, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, NIH, Bethesda, MD
- 2003-2005 Research Assistant Professor, Gerald J. & Dorothy R. Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy, Tufts University, Boston, MA
- 2002-2003 Assistant Professor, Department of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS
- 2001-2002 Research Associate, Departments of Preventive Medicine & Ophthalmology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- PhD Preventive Medicine, USC, 2001
- MPH Biostatistics & Epidemiology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, 2001
- BA Psychology, Great Distinction, McGill University, Montreal, Canada, 1998
- Ecological and multilevel research and applications of health promotion and disease prevention
- Systems science and public health
- Strategic directions of health and science policies; translation of science to policy
- Trans-disciplinary research and cross-sectoral partnerships
- International and cross-cultural health
- Pediatric obesity, metabolic syndrome, and chronic disease
- Fetal and early childhood nutrition and risks for obesity and chronic diseases
- Dietary patterns and obesity
- Research methodology and outcomes evaluation
- Gorman N, Lackney J, Rollings K, Huang TT. Designer schools: the role of school space and architecture in obesity prevention. Obesity 2007; 15:2521-30.
- Huang TT, Nansel TR, Belsheim AR, Morrison JA. Sensitivity, specificity, and predictive values of pediatric metabolic syndrome components in relation to adult metabolic syndrome: the Princeton LRC Follow-Up Study. J Pediatr 2008; 152:185-90.
- Huang TT, Glass TA. Transforming research strategies for understanding and preventing obesity. JAMA 2008; 300(15): 1811-13.
- Huang TT, Kumanyika S, Drewnowski A, Glass TA. A systems-oriented multilevel framework for tackling obesity in the 21st century. Prev Chronic Dis 2009; 6(3): Prev Chronic Dis.
- Gortmaker SL, Swinburn B, Levy D, Carter R, Mabry PL, Finegood D, Huang TT, Marsh T, Moodie M. Changing the future of obesity: science, policy and action. Lancet 2011; 378:1-11.
- Nader PR, Huang TT, Gahagan S, Kumanyika S, Hammond RA, Christoffel KK. Next steps in obesity prevention: altering early life systems to support healthy parents, infants, and toddlers. Childhood Obesity 2012; 8:206-15.
- Frerichs L, Perin D, Huang TT. Current trends in childhood obesity research. Current Nutrition Reports 2012; 1:228-38.
- Frerichs L, Brittin J, Stewart C, Robbins R, Riggs C, Mayberger S, Cervantes A, Huang TT. SaludableOmaha: development of a youth advocacy initiative to increase community readiness for obesity prevention, 2011-2012. Prev Chronic Dis 2012; 9:120095. DOI: DIO.
- Huang TT, Sorensen D, Davis S, Frerichs L, Brittin J, Trowbridge M. Healthy eating design guidelines for school architecture. Prev Chronic Dis 2013; 10:120084. DOI: DIO.
- Trowbridge M, Huang TT, Botchwey N, Fisher T, Pyke C, Gutter R, Rodgers AB, Ballard-Barbash R. Public health and the green building industry: partnership opportunities for childhood obesity prevention. Am J Prev Med 2013; 44:489-95
- Fellow, The Obesity Society
- Member, APHA
- Member, PHAN
- Member, White House Healthy Kids Working Group (White House advisory committee on childhood obesity, 2009-10)
- Senior Advisor, National Collaborative on Childhood Obesity Research (NCCOR)
- Associate Editor, J Obesity
- Ad hoc Reviewer, Eur J Clin Nutr; Am J Pub Health; Nutr Reviews; Dynamic Med; Food and Nutr Bulletin; J Am Coll Nutr; Obesity; Diabetes Care; J Adolesc; J Pediatr; Applied Physiol, Nutr, and Metab; Can J Pub Health; Int J Obes; Pediatr Obes; Nutrition; Childhood Obes