Department of Health Services Research & Administration
University of Nebraska Medical Center
College of Public Health
- 2010–present Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, College of Public Health, UNMC
- 2009–present Associate Professor, Department of Health Services Research & Administration, UNMC
- 2009–10 Director, Master’s Programs, College of Public Health, UNMC
- 2005–09 Associate Professor, School of Public Administration, University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO)
- 2006–09 Director, Joint UNMC/UNO Master of Public Health Program
- 1998–2005 Assistant Professor, School of Public Administration, UNO
- 1997–98 Senior Community Services Associate, School of Public Administration, UNO
- 1987–98 Research Associate, Center for Public Affairs Research, UNO
- Prior to 1987 Clinical Laboratory Scientist
- PhD, Education, University of Nebraska–Lincoln, 1997
- MPA, University of Nebraska at Omaha, 1987
- MS, Pathology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 1982
- BS, Medical Technology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 1966
As academic dean of the College of Public Health, Dr. Schumaker focuses on academic and student affairs within the college, and with the UNMC campus through the Education and Graduate Council. Her research interests are in health policy, organizational behavior related to health care delivery networks, and the effectiveness of health reform policies.
- Grimm, B.; Watanabe-Galloway, S.; Britigan, D.; Schumaker, A. (2015). A qualitative analysis to determine the domains and skills necessary to lead in public health. Journal of Leadership Studies 8(4).
- Qureshi, S., Noteboom, C., & Schumaker, A. M. (2015). Mobile Access for Patient Centered Care: The Challenges of Activating Knowledge through Health Information Technology. In System Sciences (HICSS), 2015 48th Hawaii International Conference on (pp. 3227-3236). IEEE.
- Strum, R. A., Fruhling, A., & Schumaker, A. (2012). Public Health Informatics: Increasing Use and Access. In System Science (HICSS), 2012 45th Hawaii International Conference on (pp. 2745-2751). IEEE.
- Hewins-Maroney, B., Schumaker, A., Williams, E. (2005). Health-seeking behaviors of African Americans:Implications for health administration. Journal of Health and Human Services Administration, 28(1), 68-96.
- Schumaker, A. (2005). In search of a model for effective group projects: From the MPA student perspective. Journal of Public Affairs Education, 11(1), 21-34.
- Schumaker, A. (2004). Predicting perceived effectiveness of training in local government: A study of a municipal clerks training program. Public Performance and Management Review, 27(3), 51-59.
- Schumaker, A. (2002). Interorganizational networks: Using a theoretical model to predict effectiveness of rural health care delivery networks. Journal of Health and Human Services Administration, 25(3), 371-406.
- Schumaker, A., Woods, S. (2001). The role of a college in a university-wide approach to community partnerships: The University of Nebraska at Omaha experience. Metropolitan Universities, 12(4).
- American Public Health Association
- American Society for Public Administration
- Association for Prevention Teaching and Research
- Public Health Association of Nebraska