Department of Health Services Research & Administration
University of Nebraska Medical Center
College of Public Health
- 2016-present Acting Director, Center for Health Policy, University of Nebraska Medical Center
- 2014-present, Graduate Program Chair, Department of Health Services Research & Administration, UNMC
- 2013–present Associate Professor, Department of Health Services Research & Administration, College of Public Health, UNMC
- 2010–2012 Director of Health Services & Policy Research, University of North Texas Health Science Center, Osteopathic Research Center
- 2006-2012 Assistant Professor, Department of Health Management & Policy, School of Public Health, University of North Texas Health Science Center
- PhD, Economics, University of Chicago, 2006
- BA, Economics, University of Texas at Austin, 1997
Health policy and services; health economics; traffic safety; immigrant health and access to care
- Wilson FA, Miller TL, Stimpson JP. Mycobacterium Tuberculosis Infection, Immigration Status, and Diagnostic Discordance: A Comparison of Tuberculin Skin Test and QFT-GIT Among Immigrants to the United States. Public Health Reports. 2016;131(2):303-310.
- Zallman L, Wilson FA, Stimpson JP, Bearse A, Arsenault L, Dube B, Himmelstein D, Woolhandler S. Unauthorized Immigrants Prolong the Life of Medicare’s Trust Fund. Journal of General Internal Medicine. 2016;31(1):122-127.
- Wilson FA, Wang Y, Stimpson JP, McFarland KK, Singh K. Use of Dental Services by Immigration Status in the United States. Journal of the American Dental Association. 2016;147(3):162-169.
- Wilson FA, Wang Y, Stimpson JP. Do Immigrants Underutilize Optometry Services? Optometry and Vision Science. 2015;92(11):1113-1119.
- Zhu H, Wilson FA, Stimpson JP, Hilsenrath PE. Rising Gasoline Prices Increase New Motorcycle Sales and Fatalities. Injury Epidemiology. 2015; 2:23 doi:10.1186/s40621-015-0054-3
- Kim J, ElRayes W, Wilson FA, Su D, Oleynikov D, Morien M, Chen LW. Identifying Barriers to Accessing Robot-Assisted Radical Prostatectomy among Patients with Localized Prostate Cancer in California. BMJ Open. 2015;5:e007409 doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2014-007409
- Wilson FA, Stimpson JP, Wang Y. Inconsistencies Exist in National Estimates of Eye Care Utilization in the United States. Journal of Ophthalmology. 2015 (2015); Article ID 435606
- Wilson FA, Licciardone JC, Kearns CM, Akuoko M. Analysis of Provider Specialties in the Treatment of Patients with Clinically Diagnosed Back and Joint Problems. Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice. 2015;21(5):952-7. doi: 10.1111/jep.12411
- Miller T, Wilson FA, Pang, Hoger S, Horsburg, Weis S, Sharnprapai, Pagaoa, Beavers. Mortality Hazard and Survival After Tuberculosis Treatment. American Journal of Public Health. Online. March 19, 2015: e1–e8. doi:10.2105/AJPH.2014.302431
- Zhu H, Wilson FA, Stimpson JP. The Relationship Between Gasoline Price and Patterns of Motorcycle Fatalities and Injuries. Injury Prevention. 2015;21(3):153-8. doi: 10.1136/injuryprev-2014-041314
- Wilson FA, Wang Y, Stimpson JP. Universal Paid Leave Increases Influenza Vaccinations among Employees. Vaccine. 2014;32(21):2441–2445.
- Wilson FA, Wang Y, Stimpson JP, Sikora A, Do DV, Britigan DH. Disparities in Visual Impairment by Immigrant Status in the United States. American Journal of Ophthalmology. 2014;158(4):800-807.
- Wilson FA, Wang Y, Stimpson JP. The Role of Paid Leave in Increasing Breast Cancer Screening among Female Employees in the U.S. Journal of Cancer Policy. 2014;2:89-92
- Stimpson JP, Wilson FA, Zallman L. ED Visits and Spending by Unauthorized Immigrants Compared with Legal Immigrants and US Natives. American Journal of Emergency Medicine. 2014;32(6):679-680.
- Wilson FA, Stimpson JP, Pagán J. Fatal Crashes From Drivers Testing Positive for Drugs in the U.S., 1993-2010. Public Health Reports. 2014;129(4):342-350.
- Stockbridge E, Wilson FA, Pagán J. Psychological Distress and Emergency Department Utilization in the United States: Evidence from the Medical Expenditure Panel Survey. Academic Emergency Medicine. 2014;21:510-519.
- Rossheim M, Wilson FA, Rodriguez M, Suzuki S, Walters S, Thombs D. Associations Between Drug Use and Motorcycle Helmet Use in Fatal Crashes. Traffic Injury Prevention. 2014;15(7):678-684.
- Wilson FA, Stimpson JP, Tibbits M. The Role of Alcohol Consumption on Recent Trends in Distracted Driving. Accident Analysis and Prevention. 2013;60:189-92
- Stimpson JP, Wilson FA, Muelleman R. Fatalities of Pedestrians, Bicycle Riders, and Motorists due to Distracted Driving Motor Vehicle Crashes in the United States, 2005-2010. Public Health Reports. 2013;128(6):436-42
- Stimpson JP, Wilson FA, Su D. Health Care Spending by Unauthorized Immigrants is Lower Than Other Immigrants and US Natives. Health Affairs. 2013;32(7):1313-1318.