Instructor and Assistant Dean for Operations & Management
Department of Health Services Research & Administration
College of Public Health
University of Nebraska Medical Center
- 2014 – Present Assistant Dean for Operations & Management, Office of the Dean, College of Public Health, UNMC
- 2012–Present Instructor, Department of Health Services Research & Administration, College of Public Health, UNMC
- 2009–2014 Assistant Director, Center for Preparedness Education, College of Public Health, UNMC
- 2009–2015 Chairperson, Nebraska State Emergency Response Commission
- 2011–2012 Visiting Lecturer, UN-L College of Business Administration
- 2006–2009 Pandemic Influenza Education Outreach Coordinator, Center for Preparedness Education
- 2002–2006 Emergency Response Coordinator, Nebraska Health & Human Services System (ESF-8, Public Health and Medical Response)
- 1992–2002 Program Manager, Injury Prevention and Control Program, Nebraska Health & Human Services System
- 1992–1992 HIV/AIDS Education Coordinator, Nebraska Department of Health
- 1990–1992 Injury Prevention Program Coordinator, Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department
- MBA, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 2012
- BS, Community Health Education, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1988
Mr. Hansen’s research interests include crisis management, crisis leadership, and disaster planning.
- Smith, P. W., Hansen, K., Sayles, H., Brodersen, B., & Medcalf, S. (2011). A long-term care facility pandemic influenza preparedness planning assessment tool. American Journal of Disaster Medicine, 6(4), 219-230.
- Hansen, K., & Pounds, L. (2009). Beyond the hit-and-run tabletop exercise. Business Continuity & Emergency Planning, 3(2), 137-144.
- Smith, P. W., Hansen, K. F., Spanbauer, L., & Shell, D. (2007). Pandemic influenza preparedness: A survey of businesses. American Journal of Infection Control, 484-485.