Director of Doctoral Programs
Department of Health Services Research & Administration
College of Public Health
University of Nebraska Medical Center
- 2014–present Adjunct Associate Professor, Oral Biology, College of Dentistry, UNMC
- 2013–present Associate Professor, Department of Health Services Research & Administration, UNMC
- 2010–present Research Scientist, VA Nebraska Western Iowa Health Care System - Omaha Veterans Affairs Medical Center
- 2007–2013 Assistant Professor, Department of Health Services Research & Administration, UNMC
- 2005–07 Adjunct Faculty Instructor, Department of Health Administration, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia
- 1988–2003 Senior Medical Officer, Al Nahdha Hospital, Muscat, Oman
- 1986–1988 ENT Surgeon, Lourdes Hospital, Kochi, India
- PhD, Health Services Organization & Research, Virginia Commonwealth University, 2007
- Master of Philosophy, Hospital and Health Systems Management, Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Rajasthan, India, 2003
- Master of Surgery in Otorhinolaryngology, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India, 1986
- Residency, Otorhinolaryngology, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India, 1986
- MBBS, Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, Jawaharlal Institute of Medical Education & Research, Pondicherry, India, 1981
Dr. Nayar’s research interests include assessment of health care provider performance, including quality and efficiency, outcomes research, quality management in health care organizations, applications of predictive analytics in healthcare, quality and access to care for rural/ underserved populations, care for the chronic critically ill patient, and health workforce development and planning.
- Nayar, P., Apenteng, B.A., Nguyen, A.T, Ojha, D & Deras, M. (2016). Needs Assessment for Behavioral Health Workforce: A State-Level Analysis. The Journal of Behavioral Health Services and Research, 03/2016.
- Nayar, P., Ojha, D, Fetrick, A. Nguyen. (2015). Applying Lean Six Sigma to improve medication management. International Journal of Healthcare Quality Assurance DOI: 10.1108/IJHCQA-02-2015-0020.
- Nayar, P, Qiu, F., Watanabe-Galloway, Boilesen, E, Wang, H, Lander, L, Islam, M. (2014). Disparities in End of Life Care for Elderly Cancer patients. (2014). Journal of Community Health, March 2014, 1-8.
- Nayar, P. MacFarland, K, Lange, B, Ojha, D, & Chandak, A. (2014). Community Based Dental Education: Preceptor Perspectives. Journal of Dental Education, 78 (8), 1139-1144.
- Nayar, P., Yu, F., & Apenteng, BA. (2013). Improving care for rural veterans: Are high dual users different? Journal of Rural Health, 30 (2), 139-145.
- Nayar, P., Yu, F. & Apenteng, BA. Science- Based and Practice-Based Innovativeness and Performance of Substance Abuse Treatment Facilities. Health Care Management Review, 39 (1): 66-74.
- Nayar, P., Yu, F & Apenteng, BA (2013). Frontier America’s Health System Challenges and Population Health Outcomes. 29(3): 258-265.
- Kettelhut, V & Nayar, P. (2013). Liver transplant center performance profiling: 2005-2011 Reports of the Scientific Registry for Transplant Recipients. Progress in Transplantation, 23 (2), 165 – 172.
- Nayar, P., Nguyen, AT, Ojha, D., Schmid, K.K, Apenteng, B.A & Woodbridge, P. (2013) Transitions in Dual Care for Veterans: Non-Federal Physician Perspectives: Journal of Community Health, 1-13.
- Nayar, P., Fang Yu, Apenteng, B, Woodbridge, P. & Fetrick, A. (2013). Rural veterans’ perspectives of dual care. Journal of Community Health, 2013, 38 (1), 70-77.
- Nayar, P., Ozcan, YA, Yu, F, & Nguyen, AT (2012). Benchmarking Urban Acute Care Hospitals: Efficiency and Quality Perspectives. Health Care Management Review, 38 (2), 137-145.
- Nayar, P., Nguyen, AT, Apenteng, B. and Yu, F. (2011). Preventable Hospitalizations: Does Rurality or Non Physician Clinician Supply Matter? Journal of Community Health, 37 (2): 487 – 494.
- McCue, M. J., & Nayar, P. (2009). Hospital billing for blood processing and transfusion for inpatient stays. Transfusion, 49, 1517-1519.
- McCue, M. J., & Nayar, P. (2009). A financial ratio analysis of for-profit and non-profit rural referral centers. Journal of Rural Health, 25(3), 314-319.
- Nayar, P. & Ozcan, Y.A. (2008). Data Envelopment Analysis Comparison of Hospital Efficiency and Quality: Journal of Medical Systems, 32 (3), 193-199.
- Surgical Outcomes Club
- Academy Health
- American Public Health Association
- American Association of Public Health Dentistry
- American College of Medical Quality
- American Association for Cancer Research
- Gamma Omicron chapter of the Delta Omega Society