Department of Health Services Research & Administration
University of Nebraska Medical Center
College of Public Health
- 2016-present, Assistant Professor, Department of Health Services Research & Administration, College of Public Health, UNMC
- 2013–2015, Assistant Professor, Department of Health Management and Policy, School of Public Health, University of North Texas Health Science Center
- 2009–2013, Postdoctoral Scholar, Section of Hospital Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago
- PhD, Public Policy, University of Chicago
- MA, Economics, University of Chicago
- BA, Economics, Sung Kyun Kwan University
Health economics; health policy; health services research; health econometrics
- Tak H, Curlin F, Yoon J. “Association of Intrinsic Motivating Factors and Markers of Physician Well-Being: A National Physician Survey.” Journal of General Internal Medicine. 2017. 2017;32(7):739-746.
- Prochaska M, Putman M, Tak H, Yoon JD, Curlin FA. “U.S. Physicians Overwhelmingly Endorse Hospice as the Better Option for Most Patients at the End of Life.” American Journal of Hospice and Palliative Medicine. 2017;34(6):556-558.
- Tak H. “Capsule Commentary of Shah et. Al., Targeted Reminder Phone Calls to Patients at High Risk to No-Show for Primary Care Appointment: A Randomized Trial.” Journal of General Internal Medicine. 2016;31(12):1504.
- Putman M, Tak H, Curlin F, Yoon J. “Quality of Life and Recommendations for Further Care.” Critical Care Medicine. 2016;44(11):1996-2002.
- Ayeh D, Tak H, Curlin F, Yoon JD. “U.S. Physicians' Opinions about Accommodating Religiously Based Requests for Continued Life-Sustaining Treatment.” Journal of Pain and Symptom Management. 2016;51(6):971-978.
- Hodges LE, Tak H, Curlin FA, Yoon JD. “Whistle-Blowing in Medical School: A National Survey on Peer Accountability and Professional Misconduct in Medical Students.” Academic Psychiatry. 2016;40(3):530-533.
- Tak H, Ruhnke GW, Shih YT. “The Association between Patient-Centered Attributes of Care and Patient Satisfaction.” The Patient: Patient-Centered Outcomes Research. 2015;8(2):187-197.
- Vohra AS, Tak H, Shah MB, Meltzer DO, Ruhnke GW. “Predictors of Intensive Care Unit Admission among Patients Hospitalized with Community-Acquired Pneumonia.” American Journal of the Medical Sciences. 2015;350(5):380-386.
- Saunders MR, Lee H, Alexander GC, Tak H, Thistlethwaite JR, Ross LF. “Racial Disparities in Reaching the Renal Transplant Waitlist: Is Geography as Important as Race?” Clinical Transplantation. 2015;29(6):531-538.
- Tak H, Hougham GW, Ruhnke A, Ruhnke GW. “The Effect of Waiting Time on Physician Visit Frequency among Working-Age Adults.” Social Science & Medicine. 2014;118:43-51.
- Tak H. “Capsule Commentary on Albrecht et al, Hospital Discharge Instructions: Comprehension and Compliance among Older Adults.” Journal of General Internal Medicine. 2014;29(11):1529.
- Tak H, Ruhnke GW, Meltzer DO. “Association of Patient Preferences for Participation in Decision Making with Length of Stay and Costs among Hospitalized Patients.” JAMA Internal Medicine. 2013;173(13):1195-1203.