Department of Health Services Research & Administration
University of Nebraska Medical Center
College of Public Health
- 2016-present, Assistant Professor, Department of Health Services Research & Administration, College of Public Health, UNMC
- 2013–2015, Assistant Professor, Department of Health Management and Policy, School of Public Health, University of North Texas Health Science Center
- 2009–2013, Postdoctoral Scholar, Section of Hospital Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago
- PhD, Public Policy, University of Chicago
- MA, Economics, University of Chicago
- BA, Economics, Sung Kyun Kwan University
- Health economics, health policy, health services research, health econometrics
- Health insurance, health services utilization, medical costs, health outcomes
- Physician supply, medical capacity
- Tak H, Ruhnke GW, Meltzer DO. “Association of Patient Preferences for Participation in Decision Making with Length of Stay and Costs among Hospitalized Patients.” JAMA Internal Medicine. 2013;173(13):1195-1203.
- Tak H, Hougham GW, Ruhnke A, Ruhnke GW. “The Effect of Waiting Time on Physician Visit Frequency among Working-Age Adults.” Social Science & Medicine. 2014;118:43-51.
- Tak H, Ruhnke GW, Shih YT. “The Association between Patient-Centered Attributes of Care and Patient Satisfaction.” The Patient: Patient-Centered Outcomes Research. 2015; 8(2):187-197
- Tak H, Curlin F, Yoon J. “Association of Intrinsic Motivating Factors and Markers of Physician Well-Being: A National Physician Survey.” Journal of General Internal Medicine. 2017;32(7):739-746.
- Tak H, Chen L, Wilson F, Goldsweig AM, et al. “Post-Discharge Services for Different Diagnoses Than Index Hospitalization Predict Decreased 30-Day Readmissions Among Medicare Beneficiaries.” Journal of General Internal Medicine. 2019;34(9):1766-1774.
- Goldsweig AM, Tak H, Chen L, et al. “Relative Costs of Surgical and Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement and Medical Therapy.” Circulation: Cardiovascular Interventions. 2020;13(5):e008681.
- Tak H, Goldsweig AM, Wilson F, et al. “Association of Post-Discharge Services Utilization and Timing with 30-Day Readmissions, Length of Stay, and Hospital Costs.” Journal of General Internal Medicine. 2021 Aug;36(8):2197-2204.
- Tak H, Pan I, Halpern M, Shih Y. “Impact of Race-Specific Screening Guideline on the Uptake of Colorectal Cancer Screening among Young African Americans.” Cancer Medicine. 2022; Dec;11(24):5013-5024.
- Tak H, Shih YCT. “Vertical Integration in Oncology: What Does It Mean for Patients with Cancer?" Journal of National Cancer Institute. 2023 Mar 9;115(3):239-241.
- Tak H, Cozad M, Horner RD. “A National Perspective of Telehealth Use and Direct Medical Costs: Who Uses It and How Much It Costs.” Medical Care. 2023. In print.