The Certificate in Public Health offers courses that provide students the knowledge and tools needed to enhance public health practice. The objective of this certificate is to develop new generations of public health-educated professionals, meeting the development needs of personnel in local health departments, health professionals seeking knowledge in public health, and potential masters or doctoral students in public health. Emphasis is placed on learning in the core competency areas of public health. Students who have successfully completed the Cert. PH may be able to apply their course work to a Master of Public Health degree.
The Certificate in Public Health can be completed online. For the online option, campus visits are not required at any time. The Certificate in Public Health program consists of 15 credits hours of course work.
CORE COURSES: 15 credit hours
- CPH 500 - Foundations in Public Health - 3 Cr. Hrs.
- CPH 504 - Epidemiology in Public Health - 3 Cr. Hrs.
- CPH 506 - Biostatistics I - 3 Cr. Hrs.
- CPH 514 - Programming and Evaluation - 3 Cr. Hrs.
- CPH 539 - Public Health Leadership and Advocacy - 3 Cr. Hrs.