Aim of SURP Experience in COPH:
Provide talented undergraduate students with a mentored research experience that expands their scientific learning, knowledge and skills in the field of public health.
Accepted applicants will spend a 10 week full-time placement with a COPH researcher working on a previously identified public health research project. The students will receive a stipend for their work, attend enrichment seminars and participate in campus and COPH networking and social activities.
- Identify COPH faculty with projects for SURP students
- Select top faculty/project candidates
- Application for SURP opens – Oct. 1
- Application for SURP closes – Feb 1
- Review and selection of applicants – Feb 15
- Notification of decision – Mar 1
- All student forms due – May 1
- Students begin SURP – Jun 6, 2016
- Students present on research – Aug 11, 2016
COPH Immersion Activities for SURP students
- Organized event for interaction with College of Public Health students
- Scheduled events to explore the different disciplines within public health
- Group learning session on preparing to apply to professional programs.
- Group session on Careers in Public Health
- Weekly meetings with the COPH SURP Director.
- Student-to-student mentoring with COPH student.
* Will be posted as soon as available.
For additional information contact Beckie McCaw.