Weeklong Undergraduate Public Health Workshop
Thank you for your interest in our program offerings. While we regret we are no longer able to host the Weeklong Undergraduate Public Health Workshop, we are looking at new ways to serve you.
You might also be interested in these additional summer programs offered through our university:
Application Cycle: December 1st through February 15th
The Summer Health Professions Education Program (SHPEP), established by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, is a free six-week summer enrichment and residential program for first and second year college students interested in the health professions, including medicine, dentistry, public health, and physical therapy.
- Be a college freshman or sophomore at the time of application.
- Have a minimum overall college GPA of 2.5.
- Be a U.S. citizen, a permanent resident, or an individual granted deferred action for childhood arrivals (DACA) status by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- Not have previously participated in the program.
- Free Travel, Lodging & Meals
- Academic Enrichment, Learning, Study Skills Development, & Financial Planning
- Career Development Sessions
- Explore Health Professions: Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, Public Health, and Physician Assistant Studies
Application Cycle: October 1st through February 1st
SURP is a collaboration between UNMC departments, institutes, colleges, student services, and graduate specialty areas to provide summer opportunities for undergraduate students to become members of research teams and discover first-hand the broad spectrum of research activities occurring at UNMC.
Students experience a 10-week full-time research placement, receive a stipend, attend enrichment seminars, and participate in networking and social activities.
- Be a college freshman, sophomore, or junior in college
- Have a cumulative college GPA of 3.4 or higher
- Be a U.S. citizen, or hold a permanent resident visa
- Academically talented students interested in pursuing healthcare, science, and/or research careers
Participating Colleges & Departments
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Cellular and Integrative Physiology
- College of Public Health