Associate Professor of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine Division Chief
Specialty: Nuclear Medicine & General Radiology
- MD: University of Mississippi; Jackson, MS
- Residency: Diagnostic Radiology; University of Mississippi; Jackson, MS
- Residency: Nuclear Medicine; Bowman Gray School of Medicine, N.C. Baptist Hospital, Wintson-Salem, NC
- Fellowship: Diagnostic Radiology; Bowman Gray School of Medicine; North Carolina Baptist Hospital; Winston-Salem, NC
- American Board of Radiology, Diagnostic Radiology and Special Competence in Nuclear Medicine
- American Board of Nuclear Medicine
- Therapeutic applications of nuclear medicine
Major Accomplishments: Consolidation of nuclear medicine sections at Clarkson & University Hospitals into one.
- Vose, JM, Bierman PJ, Enke C, Hankins J, Bociek G, Lynch JC, and Armitage JO: Phase I Trial of 131-Iodine Tositumomab with high-dose chemotherapy and autologous stem cell transplantation for relapsed non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. J Clin Oncol 23:461-7, 2005.
- Tsutsui JM, Feng X, McGrain AC, Mahrous H, Hankins J, O’Leary EL, Porter TR: Comparison of low-mechanical index pulse sequence schemes for detecting myocardial perfusion abnormalities during vasodilator stress echocardiogram. Am J Card 95:565-570, 2005.
- Bishu S, Hankins JH, Quigley JM, Schmitz J, Bishu SR, Stemm RA, Olsasky SM, Paknikar S, Holdeman KH, Armitage JO. F-18-fluoro-deoxy-glucose positron emission tomography in the assessment of peripheral T-cell lymphomas. Leuk Lymphoma. 2007; 48(8) : 1531-8.
- Bishu S, Hankins JH, Quigley JM, Bishu SR, Olsasky SM, Stem RA, Shostrom VK, Holdeman KP, Paknikar S, Armitage JO. Predictive value and diagnostic accuracy of F-18-fluoro-deoxy-glucose positron emission tomography treated grade 1 and 2 follicular lymphoma. Leuk Lymphoma. 2007; 48(8) : 1548-55.
- Xie F, Hankins J, Mahrous HA, Porter TR. Detection of coronary artery disease with a continuous infusion of definity ultrasound contrast during adenosine stress real time perfusion echocardiography. Echocardiography. 2007; 24(10) : 1044-50.