Here is a brief list of the general guidelines all events must follow.
- Events and classes will start on the hour or half-hour. They must end 10 minutes before the hour or 20 minutes past the hour.
- Public spaces on campus are scheduled through the CSO (excluding Truhlsen Event Center, Linder Reading Room and Sorrell Commons). All Events must align with the Space Scheduling Policy.
- Scheduling in spaces used for Academic Core Functions are scheduled on a semester by semester basis. Please refer to the advanced scheduling guidelines on how to schedule an event or meeting within a Core Academic Function space.
- Off campus groups must have a UNMC or Nebraska Medicine employee or department who serves as a primary contact and handles all the details.
- Any non-UNMC sponsored event must be approved by Public Relations. You must assume costs for set-up, catering, technicians, housekeeping, etc.
In addition to the general guidelines, fundraising activities must also follow these guidelines:
- Complete a Fundraising Request Form and receive approval from the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Business and Finance
- Raffles are not permitted
- Abide by the guidelines established by the Vice Chancellor for Business and Finance