In the interest of the safety of our SIM-NE team and the EMS agencies and critical access hospitals that we serve, along with following the CDC guidelines, it has been determined that SIM-NE will be postponing simulation truck events through April 30, 2020. The status of training will be revisited at the end of April and updates available on our website and Facebook page.
Supporting rural Nebraska critical access hospitals and EMS agencies across the state has always been a high priority for SIM-NE. Although we are currently unable to bring simulation education to your local community, we do want to continue to provide support and resources during the challenging time of COVID-19. Please see the resources available below and check back often as we will continue to add to and update the information available.
Caring for the Caregiver: Navigating the COVID-19 Crisis - June 10, 2020. The session is available to view on the SIM-NE Facebook page.
Hand Model of Brain Stress (pdf file)
Mental Health Resources (pdf file)
UNMC News Stories
- Nebraska Medicine pioneering technique to re-use PPE
- UNMC Today (5/1/20) Six locations across Nebraska now decontaminating PPE
- UNMC 1-Chedk COVID-19 screening app
UV Light box locations in Nebraska:
- City of Lincoln Transportation & Utilities Municipal Service Center, 901 West Bond, Lincoln, NE 68521
CONTACTS: Dave Thurber 402-326-2507 or Rod Hendrickson 402-441-7701
- Regional West Medical Center, 4021 Ave. B, Scottsbluff, NE 69361
CONTACT: Robin Buchammer 308-630-1545
- Avera St. Anthony's Hospital, 300 North 2nd Street, O'Neill, NE 68763
CONTACT: Deb Tejral 402-336-5287 or 402-340-6718
- CHI Good Samaritan Hospital, 10 E 31 Street, Kearney, NE 68848
CONTACT: Jason Taylor
- Nebraska Ortho Hospital, Oakview Medical Building, 2727 S. 144 St, Omaha, NE 68144
CONTACT: Lori Jensen 402-699-7074
- Chase County Community Hospital, 600 W. 12 Street, Imperial, NE 69033
Kay Schmidt 308-882-7217
UNMC Academic Affairs iEXCEL Resources & Instructional Materials: https://www.unmc.edu/iexcel/visualization/content-development/covid-19.html
UNMC COVID-19 Resources: https://www.unmc.edu/coronavirus/index.html
Nebraska Medicine COVID-19 Resources: https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/
World Health Organizatoin: https://www.who.int/
Rural Primary Care & COVID-19: Addressing the Rapidly Changing Landscape (4/30/20) Facebook link to view the training
EMS Leadership Strategies During the COVID-19 Pandemic (4/28/20) Facebook link to view the training
Rural Critical Access Hospitals & COVID 19: Info and Discussion (April 8, 2020)
State of NE EMS Model Protocol for COVID-19: http://dhhs.ne.gov/OEHS%20Program%20Documents/EMS%20COVID19%20nontransport%20Protocol.pdf
Nebraska Medicine’s Emergency Medicine Department in conjunction with iEXCEL developed COVID-19 Instructional videos. The videos demonstrate the proper donning and doffing procedures an N-95 mask, a PAPR and for the MAXAIR CAPR Powered Air Purifying Respirator.