Effective sponsored project management is a collaboration among Principal Investigator(s); Departmental Administrators and other research staff; Sponsored Programs Administration (SPAdmin); and Sponsored Programs Accounting(SPAccting).
Sponsored Programs Administration (SPAdmin) staff
- Provides expertise and guidance to investigators and department personnel related to grant and contract submissions and management
- Protects the institution by monitoring for compliance with federal,institutional, and sponsor requirements
- Reviews and submits applications, agreements, and modifications in accordance with sponsor terms, conditions and program guidelines
- Negotiates final terms for government and non-profit grants, contracts, and subcontracts
- Reviews Conflict of Interest disclosures for personnel on the project
- Approves internal forms and applications prior to institutional signature
- Prepares awards for set-up by Sponsored Programs Accounting
Information related to each step in the grant submission, administration and close-out process can be found on the menu at left.