When the principal investigator of the overall project is at another institution
- Has performance measured against whether the objectives of the program are met
- Has responsibility for programmatic decision-making
- Has responsibility for adherence to applicable program compliance requirements
then UNMC is considered a subrecipient. The other organization, as our "sponsor," generates a subaward agreement and "flows down" the terms of the prime source of funding. As a subrecipient, UNMC is entitled to Facilities and Administrative (F&A) costs and ownership of Intellectual Property.
- Provides goods and services within normal business operations
- Provides similar goods or services to many different purchasers
- Operates in a competitive environment
then UNMC is considered a vendor. Vendor agreements are handled by UNMC Business Services.