Personal Counseling Services
The UNMC Counseling Center offers a wide range of professional counseling services:
- Brief problem-solving
- Individual counseling
- Couples/relationship counseling
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Stress management training
- Consultation on communication difficulties
- Chemical dependency screening
- EMDR for trauma recovery
- Assessment and referrals (if needed)
The Counseling Center staff make every effort to maintain privacy and confidentiality for students who utilize our services. With the exception of life-threatening situations (clear danger to self or others), no information is released without the written consent of the client. Counseling files can not be accessed through any UNMC or Nebraska Medical Center computerized records systems. And since there is no charge for counseling services, there is no need to file insurance claims.
Counseling services are provided free of charge to currently enrolled UNMC students and residents.