The Student Life Inclusion and Diversity Office (SLIDO) mission is to advocate for the diversity, equity and inclusive excellence through the development and implementation of best practices and programs that foster student’s success.
SLIDO's mission is accomplished through the following objectives:
- Advance UNMC's commitment to diversity and inclusion by developing programs that target issues related, but not limited to ability, status, age, ethnicity, gender, national origin, native language, race, religion, sexual orientation, globalization, and socioeconomic background.
- Promote a sense of community, nationality, and acceptance of differences in ethnicity, religion, economic status, and viewpoints.
- Provide support services that facilitate the transition, retention, persistence, and graduation of University of Nebraska Medical Center’s students of color.
- Collaborate with academic units to develop inclusion, diversity and equity content for classes and organize DEI workshops for students.
- Collaborate with the Assistant Vice Chancellor for Student Success to enhance all students’ satisfaction, not only the satisfaction of students of color. Fund campus committees for DEI
- Provide leadership in the training and development of student organizations, officers and advisors.
Channing Bunch, MBA
Director, Student Life Inclusion and Diversity Office
firstname.lastname@example.org | (402) 559-3928