Important Food Pantry Updates - UNMC & UNO
As our University community navigates the challenges presented by COVID-19, the Maverick Food Pantry remains steadfast in its commitment to supporting the dietary and personal hygiene needs of students, faculty, and staff at UNO and UNMC.
Requests for food packages can be submitted through an easy online form twice per week. Each package contains approximately two days worth of non-perishable items and personal hygiene products.
Request Process: Effective Immediately
The Maverick Food Pantry will apply the following changes to our operation as ways to better protect the health and safety of students, faculty, and staff:
- Campus community members can now request a package by completing this Request Form using a UNO or UNMC email address.
- Requests will be approved and filled on the morning of the next business day. Packages will be available for pick up from the Community Engagement Center parking booth (UNO Campus, Lot E) on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
- Campus community members requiring additional resources will be provided an updated list of community resources.
To meet the growing demand, the Maverick Food Pantry is now accepting non-perishable food items and individually packaged toilet paper and paper towels.
Items can be donated to the food pantry by scheduling an appointment. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Donation Needs Include:
- Individually Packaged Toilet Paper
- Individually Packaged Paper Towels
- Pasta & Sauce
- Peanut Butter
- Canned Vegetables
- Canned Fruits
- Gluten-Free and Vegan Options