The December 2020 commencement ceremony is scheduled for December 18, 2020.
All degree applicants must apply to graduate.
- All students expecting to graduate in December MUST apply by October 10, 2020.
Application Fee Information:
- Application and attire fees must be made online at the time of completion.
- Degree application is $50.00 - non-transferable, non-refundable.
- On-line application fees must be paid via Mastercard or Visa.
December 2020 Graduation Frequently Asked Questions
Jump to question:
- When will the December virtual commencement occur?
- How do I know if I have a HOLD on my student account?
- When will I receive my physical diploma?
- Can I pick up my diploma on campus?
- When will I receive my digital diploma?
- If academic regalia is not required by my college, when can I expect a refund?
- What do I do with my UNMC Badge Photo ID?
- How long will my UNMC email remain active?
- What if I have additional questions about receiving my degree?
UNMC’s December virtual commencement will take place on Friday, December 18, 2020 (Time TBA) and recorded for future viewing. Information on how to view the virtual ceremony will be added later. Over 300 students are expected to receive their diplomas from UNMC in December.
All HOLD information can be found in MyRecords. You must clear the HOLD with the appropriate department/person/college.
Your diploma will be mailed approximately 3-4 weeks after the end of the Fall semester. All degree requirements must be completed and campus holds must be released in order to receive your diploma. Please note: shipping delays may occur with the current COVID-19 situation.
Your digital diploma will be emailed to your UNMC email address approximately 3-4 weeks after the end of the Fall semester. All degree requirements must be completed and campus holds must be released in order to receive your digital diploma.
No. Due to current social distancing guidelines in response to the COVID-19 situation, all diplomas will be mailed to the address you provided on your application for graduation. Diplomas are mailed Registered Return Receipt, so a signature is necessary for delivery. If you need to update your diploma mailing address, please e-mail Academic Records at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Refund request information will be submitted to Accounting approximately November 2. Refunds will be issued to the account used when you completed your application for graduation. Please allow 1-2 weeks for this amount to appear on your credit card or in your bank account. Only the regalia charge will be refunded. The $50 degree application fee is not included in the refund.
All graduating students will need to mail their photo id (no clip or additional card) to:
Photo ID Card Office
984290 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha NE 68198-4290
Your UNMC student email will remain active until June 2021. ITS will notify you when your account is deactivated. You will be given approximately a two week notice to resolve any issues/concerns/notifications regarding your UNMC email account. The HELP DESK number is 402-559-7700.
Students should contact the Academic Records office at email@example.com.