The December 2020 commencement ceremony will be held in Omaha.
Date: To Be Announced
Time: To Be Announced
Location: Baxter Arena, Omaha, NE
All degree applicants must apply to graduate.
- All students expecting to graduate in December MUST apply by October 10, 2020.
Application Fee Information:
- Application and attire fees must be made online at the time of completion.
- Degree application is $50.00 - non-transferable, non-refundable.
- On-line application fees must be paid via Mastercard or Visa.
May 2020 Virtual Ceremony Schedule
Separate online ceremonies will be held for each of UNMC's six academic colleges and for those earning graduate studies degrees.
College of Dentistry
College of Pharmacy
College of Allied Health Professions
College of Nursing
College of Medicine
College of Public Health
May 2020 Graduation Frequently Asked Questions
Jump to question:
- Is Commencement canceled?
- When will the new virtual commencement occur?
- What will the UNMC Spring Convocation and Commencement ceremonies feature?
- How do we watch the commencement ceremonies?
- With the ceremony going virtual, will I still officially graduate in May?
- Will the shift to remote learning mode effect my ability to graduate in May 2020?
- How do I know if I have a HOLD on my student account?
- When will I receive my physical diploma?
- Can I pick up my diploma on campus?
- When will graduates receive Academic Regalia?
- What do I do with my UNMC Badge Photo ID?
- What if I have additional questions about receiving my degree?
No. We have decided to move the ceremony to a virtual format where the graduates’ names will be read while a slide of their name, degree, and photo will be shown on screen. Separate online ceremonies will be held for each of UNMC’s six academic colleges and a separate ceremony will be held for those receiving graduate studies degrees. No in-person ceremony will be held due to COVID-19.
UNMC’s May ceremonies will be held in an online format on May 7 through May 9. Separate online ceremonies will be held for each of UNMC’s six academic colleges and a separate ceremony will be held for those receiving graduate studies degrees. More than 1,000 students are expected to receive their diplomas from UNMC this spring.
Each College will host a Virtual Convocation/Commencement Ceremony at the following days/times:
- College of Dentistry: Thursday, May 7, at 9:30 a.m.
- Graduate Studies: Friday, May 8, at 10 a.m.
- College of Pharmacy: Friday, May 8, at 2 p.m.
- College of Allied Health Professions: Friday, May 8, at 3 p.m.
- College of Nursing: Saturday, May 9, at 9 a.m.
- College of Medicine: Saturday, May 9, at 10 a.m.
- College of Public Health: Saturday, May 9, at 1 p.m.
Each virtual ceremony will include: Remarks from Chancellor Gold, the presentation of University Awards and remarks from the dean and some will include a student or other keynote speaker. Each ceremony will conclude with the conferral of degrees.
UNMC will host one ceremony per college, which can be seen on the commencement website http://www.unmc.edu/commencement. An email with additional information and links will be sent to graduates closer to the day of commencement.
Yes, your degree will be awarded in the same timeframe that is typical for spring graduation. All grades are due five days following the last day of the term. Once all final grades are posted on your academic record, your degree will be posted on your transcript. This is approximately 1-2 weeks after the end of the spring semester. All degree requirements must be complete and campus holds must be released in order for your degree to be awarded.
Graduation candidacy will continue to be processed as normal according to UNMC requirements and guidelines.
All HOLD information can be found in MyRecords. You must clear the HOLD with the appropriate department/person/college.
Your diploma will be mailed approximately 3-4 weeks after the end of the spring semester. All degree requirements must be completed and campus holds must be released in order to receive your diploma. Please note we may experience shipping delays with the current COVID-19 situation.
No. Due to current social distancing guidelines in response to the COVID-19 situation, all diplomas will be mailed to your provided address. If you need to update your diploma mailing address, please e-mail Academic Records at email@example.com.
All graduate academic regalia (cap, tassel, gown and hood(if applicable) started shipping via USPS on April 27. Regalia was mailed to the student’s Diploma address.
All graduating students will need to mail their photo id (no clip or additional card) to:
Photo ID Card Office
984290 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha NE 68198-4290
Students should contact the Academic Records office at firstname.lastname@example.org.