Name Change Requests

You will need to complete the Name Change Request Form and include one of the following supporting documents in order to have your name changed:

*Required for changing Social Security number

To submit changes in person:

Bring completed form and one of the accepted forms of identification listed above to Academic Records Office, Student Life Center, 2nd Floor, Room 2031.

To submit via fax:

Fax required information to 402.559.6796.
(Faxes accepted only from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. CST, Monday-Friday)

To submit via email:

Email required information to

To submit via mail:

Mail documentation to:
UNMC-Academic Records
Student Life Center-Room 2031
984230 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-4230


If you have questions, please contact Academic Records at 402-559-2151.

Click here if your name has changed and you want to change your NetID and email.