Sherman Petite is originally from Natchitoches, LA. He graduated from Hill Junior College in Texas with an associate’s degree in business administration and Wayne State College in Nebraska with his BS degree in recreation and a master's degree in sports administration /management en route to fulfilling his long-term goal of becoming an owner of an after-school program.
At the Medical Center, Sherman is responsible for coordinating contacts with Nebraska colleges and universities, working with an assortment of organizations in the community and on other college campuses, traveling to college fairs, and other recruitment events, including those of Native American, African American, and Hispanic interest, and working closely with the staff and faculty members in several outreach programs, including:
- Rural Health Education Network/Rural Health Opportunities Program
- College of: Allied Health Professions, Dentistry, Nursing, Medicine, Public Health, and Pharmacy
- Graduate Studies and Research
- Coordinating the NU-Paths program
- Tutorial program
- A minimal role in the Summer Undergraduate Research Program.
He has served at UNMC for over 10 years as the primary contact for the university in the area of recruitment!
Recruitment & Student Engagement
University of Nebraska Medical Center
984275 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-4275