The UNMC Food Pantry assists UNMC students struggling with food insecurity. In partnership with UNO’s Maverick Food Pantry, the UNMC Food Pantry provides resources to currently enrolled students in immediate need and helps connect them with additional resources in the greater Omaha area for long-term support.
Students select food and personal hygiene products from a variety of categories. Packages contain healthy, organic, and culturally sensitive items containing a balance of proteins, grains, fruits, and vegetables.
Packages contains 2 to 3 days of food according to nutritional guidelines and dietary needs. Students can receive a total of 10 items per request and submit 2 requests per week. Item availability may vary.
The Pantry does its best to accommodate stated allergies and dietary restrictions. However, it is students' responsibility to check items and make sure they are safe for consumption.
Requests can be submitted through an easy online form.
After completing the form, students should check their UNMC email for an approval message informing them when the package is ready for pick up. The subject of the email will be "Order Request".
Food Pantry Location:
The Food Pantry is located at the Weitz Community Engagement Center (CEC), Room 130 on UNO's Dodge Street Campus. The CEC is located at 6400 University Dr. S, Omaha, NE 68182.
Summer Pantry Hours Starting May 6, 2019:
- Monday through Friday - 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- The Pantry will be closed May 27 in observance of Memorial Day.
If these times do not work, please contact the Maverick Food Pantry at (402) 554-4083 or at email@example.com. Students should specify they are calling or emailing regarding a UNMC pickup.
Packages not picked up within 5 business days will be re-shelved, and students will have to resubmit a request to receive a package.
Transportation & Parking Options:
- Parking at UNO is available in Lot E and at the meters in Lot M.
- If parking in Lot E, let the parking attendant know you are picking up from the Food Pantry.
- A map of UNO’s Dodge Street Campus can be found online.
- The UNMC TravelSmart program offers a free Omaha Metro bus from UNMC to UNO.
- More information on TravelSmart can be found online.
- Please bring recyclable or reusable bags to collect packages.
- Depending on order sizes, students may need more than one bag.
- If students do not have a bag, they can get help carrying items to their mode of transportation.
- Monetary donations are encouraged. These can be made in person at the Weitz Community Engagement Center (CEC), Room 130 or online. The CEC is located on UNO's Dodge Street Campus at 6400 University Dr. S, Omaha, NE 68182.
- Physical donations can be dropped off directly at the CEC, Room 130.
- Gift card donations from Aldi, Bakers, Hy-Vee, Costco, Walmart, or Visa are also welcomed. These will be used to purchase currently needed items.
- If you would like to host a drive or fundraiser, please complete this form.
Students with questions should contact the Maverick Food Pantry at 402.554.4083 or firstname.lastname@example.org and specify they are calling or emailing regarding a UNMC request.