If you or a loved one have been a victim of violence, and are being treated at Nebraska Medicine, ENCOMPASS Omaha can help. ENCOMPASS aims to help people recover from the physical and emotional trauma caused by violence. The goal is to ensure victims return to their communities, make positive changes in their lives, and strengthen others affected by violence.
How does it work?
At Nebraska Medicine, all victims of violence have the opportunity to be partnered with a violence intervention specialist who advocates for you throughout your journey to recovery.
- Works with your family and medical providers
- Visits daily while you are in the hospital, and serves as someone who can listen
- Helps you make any desired life changes
- Creates a plan for you to safely return to your community and properly recover
- Secures transportation for you, or will go with you to follow-up appointments
- Connects you to community resources to reduce your chance of re-injury
After hospital release, we assist you with:
- Education advancement
- Job training and skills
- Housing and relocation resources
- Food security
- Primary health care
- Mental health care
- Substance abuse counseling
- Legal aid
For more information click here