List of Available Jobs:
Burns/Acute Care Surgery:
The Department of Surgery, Division of General Surgery, Section of Acute Care Surgery at the University of Nebraska Medical Center is seeking candidates to be an integral part of a team at a comprehensive Level 1 Trauma Center that sees 1,400 trauma-related admissions per year, 300 of which are ISS of 15 or greater. UNMC is a world-class health science center and an international destination for top educators, researchers, clinicians and students — as well as patients seeking advanced care. UNMC is widely known for its programs in transplantation, cancer research, genetics, and bioterrorism preparedness.
We are now accepting applications for an Academic BC/BE General Surgeon who has completed a fellowship in both Burns as well as Surgical Critical Care. Candidates must also be board certified/eligible in Surgical Critical Care. Responsibilities will include clinical care, education and research. Interested candidates should also have a strong interest in teaching residents and medical students.
The Division of General Surgery is one of nine divisions in the Department of Surgery and includes the sections of Acute Care Surgery, Gastrointestinal/Minimally Invasive Surgery, and Vascular Surgery. Faculty members within the Division provide clinical services at The Nebraska Medical Center Hospital, The Omaha Veteran’s Administration Hospital, and Children’s Hospital and Medical Center in Omaha. UNMC and its clinical partner, Nebraska Medicine, are one of three major health care providers in the Omaha area serving Eastern Nebraska and Western Iowa. The main teaching hospital has a capacity of 689 beds.
Level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications. Applications are now being accepted online. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The Omaha Community
- Proud, progressive and vibrant Omaha Metro of 840,000+ residents has a perfect blend of big city amenities and Midwest values. Omaha is future-focused but firmly rooted in a heritage of hard work and hospitality.
- Voted one of America’s “Best Places to Live, Work and Play” by Kiplinger’s Magazine.
- Low cost of living, excellent shopping, and over 2,000 restaurants.
- Lively downtown district, historic Old Market area, scenic riverfront with 10,500 acres of picturesque park land.
- With everything from a world-class zoo and the College World Series to the nation’s largest community theater, there’s something for everyone!
INDIVIDUALS FROM DIVERSE BACKGROUNDS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.