What is sexual assault?
Sexual Assault - Penetration, no matter how slight, of the vagina or anus with any body part or object, or oral penetration by a sex organ of another person, without the consent of the victim. This definition includes any gender of victim or perpetrator. Sexual penetration means the penetration, no matter how slight, of the vagina or anus with any body part or object, or oral penetration by a sex organ of another person, or by a sex-related object. The definition also includes instances in which the victim is incapable of giving consent because of temporary or permanent mental or physical incapacity (including due to the influence of drugs or alcohol) or because of age. Physical resistance is not required on the part of the victim to demonstrate lack of consent. As defined by "Uniform Crime Reporting"
- Incest - Non-forcible sexual intercourse between persons who are related to each other within the degree wherein marriage is prohibited by law.
- Statutory Rape- Non-forcible sexual intercourse with a person who is under statutory age of consent.
- Forcible Fondling - The touching of the private body parts of another person for the purpose of sexual gratification, forcibly and or against that person's will: or, not forcibly or against the person's will where the victim is incapable of giving consent because of his/her youth or because his/her temporary or permanent mental incapacity. As defined by "Uniform Crime Reporting"
Associated State of Nebraska Statues
- Statute 28-318 - Sexual Assault Terms, defined;
- Statute 28-319 - Sexual Assault; first degree;
- Statute 28-319.01 - Sexual Assault of a Child; first degree;
- Statute 28-320 - Sexual Assault; second or third degree;
- Statute 28-320.01 - Sexual Assault of a Child; second or third degree;
- Statute 28-320.02 - Sexual Assault; Use of Electronic Communication Device;
- Statute 28-322.05 - Unlawful Use of the Internet by a Prohibited Sex Offender;
- Statute 28-703 - Incest.