Consider filing a complaint with UNMC
Consider Reporting the Incident to Your Local Police Department
- You may do so any time after you experienced sexual violence. The police have investigators who are trained to handle sexual violence cases in a sensitive manner.
If You Know a Person Who Experienced Sexual Violence
- Listen with compassion, be there to support, and emphasize that sexual violence is not their fault.
- Provide this brochure and/or resource list.
- Encourage counseling and medical treatment.
Retaliation is Prohibited
- Retaliation against the Complainant or a third party in an attempt to prevent or otherwise obstruct the reporting or remediation of sexual misconduct is prohibited at UNMC.