If I am starting to feel unsafe with my partner, I can:
- Ask my partner to leave. If additional help is needed, I can contact the Campus Police/Security or the City/Town Police. Campus resource list provides local contact information.
- Work with my friends and/or family on a reason I need to leave the situation. It can be helpful to have a code word/phrase that can be used with friends/family in conversation or through a text message.
- Make sure important numbers are programmed into my cell phone (911, Campus Police/Security, etc.). Campus resource list provides local contact information.
- Have an emergency evacuation plan. Try to avoid rooms that have weapons or rooms without any windows (ex: kitchen and bathroom). Refer to my safety plan on the other side.
If I need a safe place to go, I can:
- Call a friend to make arrangements to stay at their place. I should refer to my safety plan for names, numbers & locations.
- Utilize the Safety program (every night), which is offered through campus Safety/Police, where an officer will safely escort me anywhere on campus. Campus resource list provides local contact information.
- Contact city/town Police if I would feel more comfortable being escorted to another location.