Once my partner has left, I can:
- Call 911 immediately, if I need medical assistance.
- Contact Campus Resources for assistance in understanding available resources on- and off-campus. Campus resource list provides local contact information.
- Make a report to Campus Security/Police or Local Police of any crime(s) that may have occurred. Campus resource list provides local contact information.
- Ensure there are no broken windows or locks in my place of residence.
- Petition to obtain a Campus resource list. Counselors and Domestic Abuse Centers can assist me in filling out the paperwork. Campus resource list provides local contact information for counselors and centers.
- If my partner has been arrested I can sign up for alerts through (VINELink is the online version of VINE - Victim Information and Notification Everyday - the National Victim Notification Network. This service allows crime victims to obtain timely and reliable information about criminal cases and the custody status of offenders 24 hours a day. Victims can also register to be notified by phone, email, text message (SMS) or TTY device when an offender's custody status changes. Users can also register through Nebraska VINELink