- A UNMC Enterprise Account is set up by the Research IT Office (RITO) and is tied to your UNMC login.
- A Personal Box Account is not tied to your UNMC login and is tied directly to Box.
- If you had to have the Research IT Office (RITO) set up your account so you can share access, then you have a UNMC Enterprise Box Account and login using your UNMC account credentials at https://unmcresearch.account.box.com/login.
- If you have only been invited to collaborate on a project, then you have, or need, a personal box account and login with non-UNMC credentials at https://account.box.com/login.
- If you have not yet signed up for a personal box account, please sign up at https://account.box.com/signup/n/personal. Note: Personal box accounts are separate from your UNMC Account. Please do not re-use your UNMC password for your personal box account.
- If it says that your email is already in use (which can happen when added to collaborate prior to you signing up for a personal account), then you can proceed to reset your password through the 'reset password' link at https://account.box.com/login.
- Enter your email address and click "Reset Password"
- You will receive an email to reset your password, which you can follow to set your new password.
- After you reset your password, you can log into your personal box account at https://account.box.com/login.
UNMC Box is meant as a facilitator for research data, research videos, document of various nature for sharing and collaboration. With that in mind, there are some considerations for use:
- There are no file types that have been excluded from storage in UNMC Box except files with *.exe extensions (Box supports nearly 120+ types files that can be viewed within the browser).
- UNMC Box implements a max 15GB file size on any single file. Larger files cannot be stored in Box. However, larger files can be spliced and stored in Box and at the time of use, the user can reassemble smaller files to one intact file. Contact email@example.com for more details.
- All users setup through RITO are classified as “Enterprise Box users” (Paid users) and lab members and other who have personal Box account access PI files are classified as “Personal Box” users.
If sharing is appropriate, it must be done using defined collaborators. The sharing of folders and documents from the UNMC Box environment using anonymous links has been disabled. All sharing must be done by granting explicit permissions for a specific Box user to access a file or folder. This user can be in the UNMC Box, another Academic Box, a Corporate Box, or even a Box Lite (free) account. These access privileges can be at any level, from view-only to read-write as defined by the user sharing and the specific circumstances. Remember, it is the UNMC user sharing data who is required to confirm and understand who it is they are sharing with, particularly if they are not in the UNMC Box.
If you have confirmed it is appropriate to share with an external collaborator, they can get that free account click here and you can collaborate with them using the Personal Box account they create.
No, The UNMC Box is supported by RITO during normal business hours. The best way to get your questions answered is by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ITS Help desk is available to help if your UNMC email credentials are locked and not allowing access to Box using UNMC Single-Sign-On, or if you have other desktop related issues that are affecting Box access. Most other box questions can be answered reviewing these Resources (Link).