REDCap: Research Electronic Data Capture
RITO supports researchers' data collection, management, and analysis efforts. We have adopted the Research Electronic Data Capture (REDCap) software platform, which is rapidly becoming a worldwide leader in survey technology for gathering data for scientific research, due to its ease of use and low (free) cost. This system is used by an active consortium of over 700 institutions, with over 100,000 users and 70,000 projects.
All UNMC personnel have access to our campus REDCap server via their standard UNMC username and password credentials for the UNMC_DOMAIN. This server is accessible from the external network, so researchers can design their surveys and provide interested participants a link to complete the survey that will work from any Internet-connected device, including mobile devices. Once a study has been completed, the system can provide a data file that is easily imported into statistical programs (such as R, SAS, SPSS, R) or spreadsheet programs like Microsoft Excel. Feel free to complete an example survey that illustrates many REDCap features, and login to the campus server to start designing your own data collection tools.
REDCap Links & Resources
- Login to the UNMC REDCap server
- Request server access for external collaborators
- How to move an existing project from the old server to the new server
- How to enable the public survey option on your project
- Request supporting documentation regarding configuration and security for use in grant proposals and IRBs
- Request technical support