The Ice at the UNMC Rink Location:
Phone number for Ice Rink: 402.559.0697 (has voice message if closing due to weather conditions, etc.)
UNMC, University of Nebraska at Omaha, University of Nebraska Lincoln, Clarkson College, Nebraska Medicine employees, students, and dependents and Ronald McDonald House employees and house guests (must present a valid ID badge): FREE
(skate rental free) - No photo. No skate. Each and every time. No exceptions.
General Public: $7 (with skate rental)
Cash and credit cards only. No checks or debit cards.
The Ice Rink will be closed if the wind-chill is zero degrees or below, based on the Weather Channel. Call 405.559.0697 to see if the Ice Rink is open.
In the event of extreme snow, please call 402.559.0697 to see if the Ice Rink is open.
Children's sizes 8 - 13 (can fit children as young as two years old - double blades available in smaller sizes)
Adult sizes 1 - 14
- Lot 15S (surface lot on 40th street between Dewey & Emile Streets) located on the north and east sides of the Student Life Center
Three outdoor restrooms are located just north of the skating rink (one women's, one men’s and one handicap accessible)
Code of Skater Responsibility:
- All skaters age 12 and under must be supervised at all times by their parent or guardian. One adult sponsor for every four children under the age of 12.
- No fast skating
- No pushing or shoving
- No weaving in and out
- No food or drinks on the ice or on the railings
- Do not sit or climb on the railings
- No street shoes on the ice
- Do not carry a child while skating
- No cameras on the ice surface
- No horseplay
- No foul language
- No inline skating "tricks"
- No refunds
- No “in and outs”
- Skating time may be limited to 1-1.5 hours
- This is a tobacco-free campus
- Please allow staff to assist anyone who is physically-challenged
- Inform the manager on duty if you need medical assistance
- Any behaviors that endanger or interfere with another patron’s safety or pleasure is strictly forbidden
- No organized sports or sporting equipment
- Skate with the flow of skaters
- Do not stand in the entrance/exit gates
- No more than two skaters may join hands
Safety is our Top Priority:
- If any skater fails to abide by this code of conduct, they will be asked to leave, with no refund
- The ice rink area is under audio and video surveillance 24 hours a day
- Please secure your personal belongs. We are not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
Skate at Your Own Risk:
By purchasing an admission ticket and/or entering the ice rink area, you are aware that ice skating involves certain inherent risks which may cause serious injury or death. You freely volunteer to participate, and accept all known and unknown risks while in the ice rink facility. Further, you release the Ice Rink, its sponsors, its operators and its equipment suppliers against any claims and all liability for any loss, damage, injury or expense you may incur.
Be aware-- skate with care!