To apply to the Master of Health Administration program, applicants are required to complete the online Schools of Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS) application.*
All Applicants Deadline
Step 1 | SOPHAS Admission & Application Requirements
To apply for admission to the Master of Health Administration program, applicants are required to complete the online Schools of Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS) application.*
Official transcripts are required from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited US college or university or equivalent foreign institution. A minimum of 3.0-grade point average is required for admission.
Must be sent from the institution's Registrar’s Office directly to SOPHAS at the following address:
SOPHAS | P.O. Box 9111 | Watertown, MA 02471
617-612-2090 | Email | Website
- This applies to current or former UNMC students.
- Photocopies of transcripts will not be accepted.
- Please ensure that you enter your SOPHAS ID number on your WES evaluation request to ensure your evaluation can be matched to your application.
A minimum GMAT score of 500 or a combined Verbal and Quantitative GRE score of 300 will be necessary for admission. GMAT or GRE test scores older than five years may be considered on a case-by-case basis. Applicants with a doctoral degree may request a waiver of test requirements.
- GRE scores should be sent by ETS directly to SOPHAS using the UNMC COPH SOPHAS GRE Code: 0695
- GMAT scores should use the UNMC COPH HA code 7WQ-1C-98
Applicants to the UNMC College of Public Health (COPH) MHA Program may request a waiver from the GRE if they fulfill at least one of the following criteria:
- They have been conferred a graduate or terminal degree (for example M.S., M.A., M.D., Pharm.D., Ph.D.), from a regionally-accredited U.S. institution of higher education.
- Completed a UNMC Public Health Certificate and earned a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.25 and no less than a B in any course.
- Have three years of full-time career experience post completion of a bachelor's degree from a regionally-accredited U.S. institution of higher education with a minimum GPA of 3.5.
Applicants are advised that the GRE waiver is not automatic and an approved GRE Waiver application does not guarantee later acceptance into the program. Those requesting a GRE waiver are encouraged to do so prior to formally applying through SOPHAS. To apply for the GRE waiver, applicants will need to submit the following items via email to email@example.com:
- GRE Waiver Application Form
- Scanned copies of all college or university transcripts (official or unofficial are acceptable)
- A current resume or CV
Applicants must submit 3 letters of recommendation from individuals who can speak to academic, practice and/or research abilities.
The statement of intent will consist of no more than two pages that describe the applicant’s:
- Interest and goals in the health management field
- How our program will help you reach those goals
- Any experience in working in teams, and any other information that may be useful in evaluating the applicant.
Resume or CV
An updated resume/CV that includes:
- Employment history
- Professional experiences/skills
- Volunteer/service experience
- A minimum TOEFL score of 550-paper; 213-computer; 80-Internet.
- TOEFL scores must have been earned within two years prior to the desired term of entry.
- Educational Testing Services (ETS) send official scores to the SOPHAS TOEFL code: 5688.
- Official IELTS scores should be sent directly to the UNMC College of Public Health. The minimum score requirement is 7.
Step 2 | Check Your Application Status on SOPHAS
UNMC College of Public Health
984359 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE. 68198-4359