"Domestic Violence" includes felony or misdemeanor crimes of violence committed by:
- a current or former spouse
- an intimate partner of the victim
- a person with whom the victim shares a child in common
- a person who is cohabitating with or has cohabitated with the victim as a spouse or intimate partner
- a person similarly situated to a spouse of the victim under the domestic or family violence laws of the jurisdiction receiving grant monies
- any other person against an adult or youth victim who is protected from that person’s acts under the domestic or family violence laws of the jurisdiction.
“Dating Violence” means violence committed by a person:
- who is or has been in a social relationship of a romantic or intimate nature with the victim; and
- where the existence of such a relationship shall be determined based on a consideration of the following factors:
- The length of the relationship;
- The type of relationship; and
- The frequency of interaction between the persons involved in the relationship.