What to do

What to do if you are in a relationship involving domestic or dating violence:

  • If you are in IMMEDIATE DANGER, call 911
  • Go to a safe place>
  • Seek medical assistance if needed
  • Preserve any physical evidence of the violence. If the crime occurred in your home do not clean or straighten until the police have had an opportunity to collect evidence.
  • Report the offense to campus or local police. If an individual needs assistance in notifying authorities, University officials will assist them in doing so. 
  • Call a friend, a family member, or someone else you trust and ask him or her to stay with you. Let your friends know how they can help you.
  • Talk with a confidential advocate who is trained to assist with dating/domestic violence.  Advocates are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
  • Develop a Safety Plan. Include things like changing your routine, arranging place to stay, and having a friend go places with you. Also, decide in advance what to do if the offender shows up at your residence, classroom, work or somewhere else.
  • Consider getting a Court Order/Protection Order that tells the offender to stay away from you. Counselors and Domestic Abuse Centers can assist you in filling out the paperwork. Your campus resource list provides local contact information for counselors and centers.
  • File a complaint with the University
    • For Students contact
      • Carmen Sirizzotti, MBA
        Title IX Coordinator
        402.559.2710 or E-mail
        Administrative Building - Office# 2010.
    • For Faculty and Staff contact
      • Carmen Sirizzotti, MBA
        Title IX Coordinator
        Student And Employee

        402.559.2710 or at E-mail
        Administrative Building - Office# 2010.
      • Linda M. Cunningham, MPA
        Director, Employee Relations
        402.559.7394 or at E-mail
        Administrative Building - Office# 2001.