Department of Biostatistics
University of Nebraska Medical Center
College of Public Health
- 2020-present, Associate Professor, Department of Biostatistics, University of Nebraska Medical Center
- 2014-2020, Assistant Professor, Zilber School of Public Health, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- 2014, PhD Biostatistics, University of Washington
- 2012, MS Biostatistics, University of Washington
- 2009, BS Statistics, Peking University
My current research focuses on novel statistical methods to improve public health and biomedical research. My methodology works focus on causal inference, measurement error modeling, biomarker evaluation, and risk prediction for complex data structures, such as survival data, longitudinal data, and high dimensional data. For applied research, my current research area includes nutritional epidemiology, environmental health, behavioral sciences, health disparity, and radiation oncology.
- Zheng, C., Dai, R., Gale, R. and Zhang, M.J. (2020). Causal inference in randomized clinical trials. Bone Marrow Transplantation 55: 4-8.
- Zheng, C. and Zheng, Y. (2019). Calibrating variations in biomarker measures for improving prediction with time-to-event outcomes. Statistics in Biosciences 11: 477-503.
- Liu, Y. and Zheng, C. (2019). Deep latent variable models for generating knockoffs. STAT 8: e260.
- Liu, L., Zheng, C. and Kang, J. (2018). Exploring causality mechanism in the joint analysis of longitudinal and survival data. Statistics in Medicine 37: 3733-3744.
- Zheng, C., Dai, R., Hari, P.N. and Zhang, M.J. (2017). Instrumental variables with competing risk model. Statistics in Medicine 36: 1240-1255.
- Zheng, C. and Zhou, X.H. (2017). Causal mediation analysis on failure time outcome without sequential ignorability. Lifetime Data Analysis 23: 533-559.
- Do, P. and Zheng, C. (2017). A marginal structural modeling strategy investigating short and long-term exposure to neighborhood poverty on BMI among U.S. black and white adults. Health and Place 46: 201-209.
- Zheng, C., Atkins, D.C., Zhou, X.H. and Rhew, I.C. (2015). Causal models for mediation analysis: an introduction to structural mean models. Multivariate Behavioral Research, 50: 614-631.
- Zheng, C. and Zhou, X.H. (2015). Causal mediation analysis in multilevel intervention and multicomponent mediator case. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society: Series B, 77: 581-615.
- Zheng, C., Beresford, S. A., Horn, L.V., Tinker, L.F., Thomson, C.A., Neuhouser, M.L., Di, C., Manson, J.E., Mossavar-Rahmani, Y., Sequin, R., Manini, T., LaCroix, A. Z. and Prentice, R.L. (2014). Simultaneous association of total energy consumption and activity-related energy expenditure with risks of cardiovascular disease, cancer, and diabetes among postmenopausal women. American Journal of Epidemiology 180: 526-535.
- American Statistical Association (ASA)
- Eastern North American Region, International Biometric Society (ENAR)
- International Chinese Statistical Association (ICSA)