Associate Director CCORDA, Instructor
Department of Biostatistics
University of Nebraska Medical Center
College of Public Health
- 1991 - Present University of Nebraska Medical Center
- MS Biostatistics, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL 1989
- MA Religion, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 1984
- BA Comparative Religion, Brown University, Providence, RI, 1983
Research Interest & Projects
I provide consultation, data analysis, and manuscript preparation specifically in the departments of Infectious Disease, Orthopedic Surgery, Anesthesiology, Internal Medicine and in Allied Health, Medical Nutrition Education. I am especially interested in projects that involve nutritional status and its’ impact on disease development. In addition, I serve on MPH student capstone committees and provide statistical consultation to students enrolled in MS, MSIA and PhD programs.
- BIOS 810/ CPH 651 Introduction to SAS Programming
- BIOS 806/CPH 506 Biostatistics I
- Schmid Kendra K and Lyden Elizabeth. Biostatistics for the Gastroenterologist in Gastroenterology and Hepatology Board Review, 3rd edition, McGraw-Hill Co. Web Link]
- Rupp ME, Huerta T, Cavalieri RJ, Lyden E, Van Schooneveld T, Philip C, Smith PW. Optimum Outlier Model for Potential Improvement of Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection. Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology. Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology, Vol. 35, No. 6 (June 2014), pp. 721-723.
- Thoene, M; Hanson, C; Lyden, E; Dugick, L; Ruybal, L; Anderson-Berry, A. Comparison of the Effect of Two Human Milk Fortifiers on Clinical Outcomes in Premature Infants. Nutrients 2014; 6(1):261-275.
- Garvin KL, Konigsberg BS, Ommen ND, Lyden ER. What is the Long-Term Survival of Impaction Allografting of the Femur? Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, Volume 471, Number 12, December, 2013: pp. 3901-3911.
- Weiss A, Lyden E, Anderson JR, Hawkins DS, Spunt SL, Walterhouse DO, Wolden SL, Parham DM, Rodeberg D, Kao SC, Womer RB. Histologic and Clinical Characteristics Can Guide Staging Evaluations for Children and Adolescents with Rhabdomyosarcoma: A Report from the Children’s Oncology Group Soft Tissue Sarcoma Committee. J Clin Oncol. 2013 Sep 10;31(26):3226-32. doi: 10.1200/JCO.2012.44.6476. Epub 2013 Aug 12.
- Burke ME, Lyden ER, Meza JL, Ladas EJ, Dasqupta R, Wiegner EA, Arndt C. Does Body Mass Index at Diagnosis or Weight Change during Therapy Predict Toxicity or Survival in Intermediate Risk Rhabdomyosarcoma? - A Report from The Children’s Oncology Group Soft Tissue Sarcoma Committee. Pediatric Blood and Cancer, 2013 Jan 17. doi: 10.1002/pbc.24322. [Epub ahead of print].
- Colling Christopher, Stevens R Brian, Lyden Elizabeth, Lane James, Mack-Shipman Lynn, Wrenshall Lucile, Larsen Jennifer. Greater early pancreas graft loss in women compared with men after simultaneous pancreas-kidney transplantation. Clinical Transplantation, 19:158-161, 2005.
- Rodeberg D, Arndt C, Breneman J, Lyden E, Donaldson S, Paidas C, Andrassy R, Meyer W, Weiner E. Characteristics and outcomes of rhabdomyosarcoma patients with isolated lung metastases from IRS-IV. J. Ped. Surgery 40: 256-262, 2005.
- Kalil Andre C, Levitsky Josh, Lyden Elizabeth, Stoner Julie, Freifeld Alison G. Meta-analysis: the efficacy of strategies to prevent organ disease by cytocegalovirus in solid organ transplant recipients. Annals of Internal Medicine 143 (12): 870-880, 2005
- Breneman John C., Lyden Elizabeth, Pappo Alberto S., Link Michael P., Anderson James R., Parham David M., Qualman Stephen J., Wharam Moody D., Donaldson Sarah S., Maurer Harold M., Meyer William H., Baker K. Scott, Paidas Charles N., Crist William M. Prognostic factors and clinical outcomes in children and adolescents with metastatic rhabdomyosarcoma B a report from the Intergroup Rhabdomyosarcoma Study IV. Journal of Clinical Oncology, 21(1):78-84, 2003.
- Watt Kymberly D.S., Lyden Elizabeth R., McCashland Timothy M. Poor Survival After Liver Retransplantation: Is Hepatitis C to Blame? Liver Transplantation, 9(10): 1019-1024, 2003.
American Statistical Association