Department of Biostatistics & Division of Nephrology
University of Nebraska Medical Center
College of Public Health
- 2019- present, Department of Biostatistics, University of Nebraska Medical Center
- 2019- present, Division of Nephrology, University of Nebraska Medical Center
- 2015-2019, BC Renal Agency and BC Transplant
- 2009-2019, Division of Nephology, University of British Columbia
- 2005-2009, Division of Nephology, University of Alberta
- 1997-2000, Wenzhou Medical University
- PhD. in Statistics, Simon Fraser University, 2018
- MSc. in Statistics, University of Alberta, 2005
- MSc. in Statistics, Renmin University of China, 2003
- BSc. in Math, Beijing Normal University,1997
My current research is mainly focus in developing new statistical methodologies to solve the real clinical problems, especially in Diabetes, Chronic Kidney Disease and Kidney Transplant.
- Functional Data Analysis
- Longitudinal Analysis, Survival Analysis, and Joint Modelling
- Clinical Trials and Measurement Error Models
- Cost-effectiveness Analysis and Decision Tree
- Barbour S, Djurdjev O, Gill JS, Dong J, Gill J (2019). The Impact of Early Steroid Withdrawal in Kidney Transplant Recipients with and without Glomerulonephritis: A propensity score matched analysis, Kidney International, 96(2) 460-469.
- Dong J, Wang S, Wang L, Gill J, Cao J (2018). Joint modelling for organ transplantation outcomes for patients with diabetes and the end-stage renal Statistical Methods in Medical Research, 28(9).
- Dong J, Wang L, Gill J, Cao J (2017). Functional Principal Component Analysis of GFR Curves after Kidney Statistical Methods in Medical Research, 27(12).
- Gill J, Dong J, Rose C, Gill JS (2016). The risk of allograft failure and the survival benefit of kidney transplantation are complicated by delayed graft function. Kidney International 89(6):1331–1336.
- Thangaraju S, Gill J, Wright A, Dong J, Rose C, Gill JS (2016), Risk Factors for BK Polyoma Virus Treatment and Association of Treatment with Kidney Transplant Failure: Insights from a Paired Kidney Analysis. Transplantation, 100(4):854-61.
- Gill J, Dong J, Gill JS (2015), Population income and longitudinal trends in living kidney donation in the United States. J American Soc Nephrology 26(1):201–207.
- Gill J, Dong J, Eng M, Landsberg D, Gill JS (2014), Pulsatile Perfusion Reduces the Risk of Delayed Graft Function in Deceased Donor Kidney Transplants, Irrespective of Donor Type and Cold Ischemic Time. Transplantation ,97(6):668–674.
- Chui BK, Manns B, Pannu N, Dong J, Wiebe N, Tonelli M, and Klarenbach S (2013), Health care costs of peritoneal dialysis technique failure and dialysis modality switching. American Journal Kidney Disease, 61(1):104–111.
- Zhang P, Liu J, Dong J, Holovati JL, Letcher B, and McGann LE (2012). A Bayesian adjustment for multiplicative measurement errors for a calibration problem with application to a stem cell study. Biometrics, 68(1):268-274.
- Manns B, Hemmelgarn B, Tonelli M, Au F, Chiasson TC, Dong J, and Klarenbach S (2010). Population-Based Screening for Chronic Kidney Disease: Cost Effectiveness Study. British Medicine Journal. 341(C5869).
- American Statistical Association
- Canadian Statistical Association
- American Transplant Association
- International Chinese Statistical Association