Department of Biostatistics
University of Nebraska Medical Center
College of Public Health
- 2000 - present University of Nebraska Medical Center
- PhD Statistics, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 2015
- MS Biostatistics, University of Minnesota, 2000
- BS Mathematics, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1998
Research Interest & Projects
My current research is focused on spatial prediction of disease incidence and mortality. I am also interested in biomarker development in cancer, clinical trial design, and high dimensional data analysis.
- Gallagher JC, Sai A, Templin T 2nd, Smith L. Dose response to vitamin d supplementation in postmenopausal women: a randomized trial. Ann Intern Med. 2012 Mar 20;156(6):425-37.
- Termuhlen AM, Smith LM, Perkins SL, Lones M, Finlay JL, Weinstein H, Gross TG, Abromowitch M. Outcome of newly diagnosed children and adolescents with localized lymphoblastic lymphoma treated on Children's Oncology Group trial A5971: A report from the Children's Oncology Group. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2012 Apr 5. doi: 10.1002/pbc.24149. [Epub ahead of print]
- Kaur S, Sharma N, Krishn SR, Lakshmanan I, Baine MJ, Rachagani S, Smith L, Lele SM, Sasson AR, Guha S, Anderson JM, Mallya K, Hollingsworth MT, Batra SK. MUC4-mediated regulation of acute phase protein lipocalin 2 through HER2/AKT/NF-κB signaling in pancreatic cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2013 Nov 15. [Epub ahead of print]
- Withycombe JS, Smith LM, Meza JL, Merkle C, Faulkner MS, Ritter L, Seibel NL, Moore K. Weight change during childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia induction therapy predicts obesity: A report from the Children's Oncology Group. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2014 Nov 18. doi: 10.1002/pbc.25316. [Epub ahead of print]
- Perry AM, Alvarado-Bernal Y, Laurini JA, Smith LM, Slack GW, Tan KL, Sehn LH, Fu K, Aoun P, Greiner TC, Chan WC, Bierman PJ, Bociek RG, Armitage JO, Vose JM, Gascoyne RD, Weisenburger DD. MYC and BCL2 protein expression predicts survival in patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma treated with rituximab. Br J Haematol. 2014 Feb 8. doi: 10.1111/bjh.12763. [Epub ahead of print]
- Iqbal J, Wright G, Wang C, Rosenwald A, Gascoyne RD, Weisenburger DD, Greiner TC, Smith L, Guo S, Wilcox RA, Teh BT, Lim ST, Tan SY, Rimsza LM, Jaffe ES, Campo E, Martinez A, Delabie J, Braziel RM, Cook JR, Tubbs RR, Ott G, Geissinger E, Gaulard P, Piccaluga PP, Pileri SA, Au WY, Nakamura S, Seto M, Berger F, de Leval L, Connors JM, Armitage J, Vose J, Chan WC, Staudt LM; Lymphoma Leukemia Molecular Profiling Project and the International Peripheral T-cell Lymphoma Project. Gene expression signatures delineate biological and prognostic subgroups in peripheral T-cell lymphoma. Blood. 2014 May 8;123(19):2915-23. doi: 10.1182/blood-2013-11-536359. Epub 2014 Mar 14. PMID: 24632715 [PubMed - in process]
- Das S, Rachagani S, Torres-Gonzalez MP, Lakshmanan I, Majhi PD, Smith LM, Wagner KU, Batra SK. Carboxyl-terminal domain of MUC16 imparts tumorigenic and metastatic functions through nuclear translocation of JAK2 to pancreatic cancer cells. Oncotarget. 2015 Jan 21. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 25691062 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
- Fang NY, Greiner TC, Weisenburger DD, Chan WC, Vose JM, Smith LM, Armitage JO, Mayer RA, Pike BL, Collins FS, Hacia JG. Oligonucleotide microarrays demonstrate the highest frequency of ATM mutations in the mantle cell subtype of lymphoma. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2003 Apr 29;100(9):5372-7.
- Pavletic SZ, Smith LM, Bishop MR, Lynch JC, Tarantolo SR, Vose JM, Bierman PJ, Hadi A, Armitage JO, Kessinger A. Prognostic factors of chronic graft-versus-host disease after allogeneic blood stem-cell transplantation. Am J Hematol. 2005 Apr;78(4):265-74.
- Hans CP, Weisenburger DD, Greiner TC, Chan WC, Aoun P, Cochran GT, Pan Z, Smith LM, Lynch JC, Bociek RG, Bierman PH, Vose JM, Armitage JO. Expression of PKC-beta or cyclin D2 predicts for inferior survival in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. Mod Pathol. 2005 Oct;18(10):1377-84.
- Hock LM, Lynch J, Balaji KC. Increasing Incidence of all Stages of Kidney Cancers over the Last Two Decades in the United States: An Analysis of Surveillance, Epidemiology and End Results Program (SEER) Data. Journal of Urology 2002; 167(1): 57-60.
- Spunt SL, Smith LM, Ruymann FB, Qualman SJ, Donaldson SS, Rodeberg DA, Anderson JR, Crist WM. Cyclophosphamide dose intensification during induction therapy for intermediate-risk pediatric rhabdomyosarcoma is feasible but does not improve outcome: a report from the soft tissue sarcoma committee of the children's oncology group. Clin Cancer Res. 2004 Sep 15;10(18 Pt 1):6072-9.
- Children's Oncology Group
- Nebraska Lymphoma Study Group