Department of Epidemiology
College of Public Health
University of Nebraska Medical Center
- 2023-present, Assistant Professor, Department of Epidemiology, UNMC
- 2021-2023, Applied Research Scientist, Department of Cancer Epidemiology, Moffitt Cancer Center
- 2019-2021, Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Cancer Epidemiology, Moffitt Cancer Center
- 2019, PhD in Epidemiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center
- 2013, MPH in Health Promotion, University of Nebraska Medical Center
- 2010, BS in Biotechnology, University of Nebraska-Omaha
- Epidemiology of oncogenic viruses (i.e. HPV, EBV, HBV, HCV)
- Cancer Epidemiology
- Screening optimization & biomarker development for early detection of cancers associated with a viral infection
- Molecular epidemiology & Epigenetics (i.e. genome-wide DNA methylation)
- HPV natural history
- Cancer & Aging among people living with HIV
- Global Health
- Dickey, BL, Thompson, Z, Yanik, EL, Burkholder, G, Kitahata, M, Moore, R, Jacobson, J, Napravnik, S, Mathews, C, Christopoulous, K, Fleming, J, Achenbach, C, Coghill, AE The association of immunosuppression and HIV control with risk of a non-AIDS defining cancer among people living with HIV in the United States. JAIDS (in press).
- Dickey BL, Putney RM, Suneja G, Kresovich JK, Spivak AM, Patel AB, Teng M, Extermann M, Giuliano AR, Gillis N, Berglund A. Differences in epigenetic age by HIV status among patients with a non-AIDS defining cancer. AIDS. 2023 Nov 1;37(13):2049-57.
- Dickey BL, Giuliano AR, Sirak B, Abrahamsen M, Lazcano-Ponce E, Villa LL, Coghill AE. Control of Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV) in the Oral Cavity Is Associated With Persistence of Oral Human Papillomavirus (HPV) 16/18 Among Men From the HPV Infection in Men Study. The Journal of Infectious Diseases. 2023 Jan 15;227(2):256-60.
- Dickey BL, Nedjai B, Preece MD, Schell MJ, Boulware D, Whiting J, Sirak B, Abrahamsen M, Isaacs‐Soriano KA, Kennedy K, Chung CH. Methylation of HPV16 and EPB41L3 in oral gargles and the detection of early and late oropharyngeal cancer. Cancer Medicine. 2022 Oct;11(20):3735-42.
- Dickey BL, Coghill AE, Rathwell JA, Reich RR, Vadaparampil ST, Christy SM, Roetzheim R, Shenkman E, Giuliano AR. Hepatitis C virus (HCV) seroprevalence, RNA detection, and genotype distribution across Florida, 2015–2018. Preventive Medicine. 2022 Aug 1;161:107136.
- Coghill AE, Dickey BL. Room to Grow: The Need for Cancer Site–Specific Research Into Biomarkers of Aging and Immunity in People With HIV. JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute. 2022 Jun 1;114(6):790-1.
- Fenlon JB, Rositch AF, Dickey BL, Kimani S, Suneja G. Gynecological radiotherapy in people living with human immunodeficiency virus: a semi-systematic literature review. International Journal of Gynecologic Cancer. 2022 Mar 1;32(3).
- Dickey BL, Coghill AE, Ellsworth GB, Wilkin TJ, Villa L, Giuliano AR. An updated systematic review of HPV genotype distribution by cervical disease grade in women living with HIV highlights limited findings from Latin America. Sexually transmitted diseases. 2021 Dec 12;48(12):e248.
- Dickey BL, Fan W, Bettampadi D, Reich RR, Sirak B, Abrahamsen M, Baggio ML, Galan L, Silva RC, Salmerón J, Villa LL. Sequential acquisition of human papillomavirus infection between genital and oral anatomic sites in males. International journal of cancer. 2021 Oct 1;149(7):1483-94.
- Bettampadi D, Dickey B, Abrahamsen M, Sirak B, Baggio ML, Galan L, Silva RC, Villa L, Ponce EL, Giuliano AR. Differences in Factors Associated With High-and Low-Risk Oral Human Papillomavirus Genotypes in Men. The Journal of Infectious Diseases. 2021 Jun 15;223(12):2099-107.
Complete List of Published WorksProfessional Affiliations
- International Papillomavirus Society